Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS V Blaupunkt Headunit faulty?

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
hey guyz.
just picked up my 07 SSV yesterday. and today ran into a problem.

was driving along listen to a CD, then out of no wear, the screen went black, all lights on headunit went off, a/c still running but had no control over anything to do with the headunit.

used the steering wheel controls and pressed Audio, the Radio went on then went off again in about 1 sec or 2.

turned car off and on, same issue. a/c still in but no control and no display on screen.

left it while driving home and then it turned on again by itself..?!?!

just wondering if anybody has had this issue or what not ?

thankx guuyz

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I havent had this issue...
but what you have to know about the head unit is that the face of it is just clipped in you can just pull it straight off if u put ur hand just under the face and pull towards u (but dont try this just incase), so it maybe that that it might not of been push in enough into the connections if that was the case then u would lose everything u have said and maybe a bump fixed it.
It maybe nothing but if it happens again just push in the face all else fails drive it in to ur dealer

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
ye mate i had the same problem... banging it softly on the side will get it fixed..... but u need to change it under warranty... the whole headunit... i did n it works fine ever sincee

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I feel like I am an authority on this issue as my VE has had every electrical problem that any/every one has listed on this forum!

The head unit facia does come off without the use of any tools. You grab it at the bottom, and pull with some force. It simply comes out. it is only clipped in. A holden dealer went with me in my car and showed me how to do it.

The reason I mention this, is that often, by removing the fascia unit and reseating it can often fix this issue. The reality of the situation, as described by my holden dealer, is that the pin outs which are part of the fascia unit have had known manufacturing issues - where this plug becomes loose and/or faulty. By reseating it, you are performing a band-aid fix.

If you car is under warranty, get the head unit changed. If not, then perhaps the reseating option might be your only option.

For those of you who have seen wonderful colours come up on your stereo screen (cyan, magenta, yellow tints), this is the same issue. The good ol plug.

Also, restarting your car wont be enough, unless if you turn your car off, open the drivers door, close the drivers door, then start your car.

Hope this helps, even if it is only cold comfort!

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Had a problem with the 'head unit' (?) too.......radio wouldn't work...or came in and out like poor reception. Sometimes it just wouldn't pick up any station and kept cycling through. CD's worked fine though. Dealer put a new aerial in..didn't fix it....so eventually sent unit back to blaupunkt and they put in a whole new unit ( under warranty) Worked fine ever since.

Only thing is ...if you have to have the unit replaced..make sure all your cd's are out of it when you take it in!!! I only realised 2 weeks later (novelty of listening to the radio and didn't play cd's) that the 6 cd's I had in the previous unit were missing. Not in the glovebox or anywhere!! Rang the dealership and they said the unit is pulled and sent to blaupunkt and they don't check for cd's in it...so too bad!!! :(
I had 2 irreplaceable ones in it. :(

Speed16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
When I had my SV6 and needed to get the headunit replaced, they pulled the CD out and saw it was a CD-R and refused to replace the headunit due to the fact I was using a burnt CD. Even though the problem was with the unit (center console, air con, etc) not turning on occasionaly. Since then I used the original discs and the problem was still there. Only then would they replace it.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Thats bloody stupid! The units support MP3's. How do they expect you to play MP3 cd's without using a burned disc?

joep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 2006
VE Berlina Blaupunkt faulty?

Thank you QW-11-KE and RayLamp,

Your advice was absolutely on the ball. After two days of trawling the web for solutions, your posts both explained the problem and provided the solution

My Blaupunkt blanking has become progressively worse since I completed a 4,700km round trip from Brisbane to Melbourne (Jan 2011), passing over a significant number of potholes due to the recent floods.

The solution distilled from your combined advice ... almost in QW-11-KE's words......

... Tap softly on the top right-hand side to fix .....

and this was after a week of the Blaupunkt being completely blank, reading your post and then despatching the tap - magic.

a thosand thanks.......