Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS V gauges

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Bit of an update, sorry its taken a bit longer, busy at work. The new SIC model was ordered and is in. At this stage it should be going in on Monday, depending how busy my mate is. I'll update again soon.

Cheers
Phil

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi all,

Bit of an update. New SIC module went in late this arvo. Working well except for the OIL temp. While at holden we checked the system for any changes to the specific sensors and all are the same throughout the models (same part number). Will be going back out on Wednesday to check ECM/BCM signal lockouts. Haven't given up just yet, just ran out of time in the workshop. Looks alot better that the 2 bar type anyway.

Here is a pic. Will update hopefully later in the week.

IMG_0057.jpg

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Do you think i could just take it to holden and ask them to change it over ect? bit too confusing to do myself i think lol

Yeah that's who did mine, I just helped with it. bacically we removed alot of the plastic dash and other to get to the SIC. Bit of a pain in the ass. I wouldn't attempt it myself without someone who knew what they were doing. If you can, wait till I get the final word on it functioning fully..

Cheers
Phil

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I got to say i really don't like any of those SS/SSV digital gauges they just look cheap.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I got to say i really don't like any of those SS/SSV digital gauges they just look cheap.

Fair enough. Might be why holden removed them from the Series 2 and moved the air vents?

I just couldn't justify spending over $1000 to have the HSV look. They offer a bit more information than the earlier ones which is nice.

Cheers
Phil

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah that's who did mine, I just helped with it. bacically we removed alot of the plastic dash and other to get to the SIC. Bit of a pain in the ass. I wouldn't attempt it myself without someone who knew what they were doing. If you can, wait till I get the final word on it functioning fully..

Cheers
Phil

I wont be doing mine for ages yet mate lol so dont have to worry about that

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
More updates.

Tired lots of variations to the software and the system didn't like it. Was going to do some more testing today however I thought I'd double check the SIC part number and its release date.

Basically there was an earlier version released in May 2007 (covers till April 2008) then there is the one I have which is 2009 on. Its what's refered to as BSI and pre BSI (or BSG which includes my car) which are basically break points in the models.
My thinking is that the earlier model is the one I need. So have ordered the earlier version and will fit that and retest next week. I am hoping that this one will be full plug n play and not need to trick the software.

I must add that my dealer (service team) have been awesome is doing the work required to test this with me. :)

Phil