Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS V gauges

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
I have noticed on some SSv VEs that they have three gauges on the top centre dash, these messure battery charge, oil temp and oil pressure. On my my car it has only two, just wondering if its an option when buying the car new, or if its as simple as changing some settings.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Your ssv had the earlier version of the atari gauges, they were updated in the 2008 MY09 models.

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Well that solves that then, thanks for taking the time to respond.
I still think they could have come up with something else to stick in that spot, but they will do.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Mine's a 2008 MY09 and I still only have the two guages :confused:

Odd...mine's a MY09 model and it already had the 3 gauages as standard, maybe speak to your holden dealer & see if they can do a tech2 update to enable the 3 gauge option.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
You can't update the SIC module from 2 guages to the revised 3 guages useing TECH2. It is a completely new SIC module that needs to be fitted. I was going to get one an update mine but no one has been able to tell me if it is compatible with earlier model systems... I will give it a go at some stage though.

The module is not cheap either, you can sometimes pick them up secondhand (where ppl have converted to the HSV style) for about $200. From holden they retail around the $300 mark...

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
^^ Interesting. BILLYBLUNT from the LS1 forums reckons he had it done by the dealer:

My 08 SSv ute came with the 2 gauges it was the first of the MY09 took it back for first service after alot of discussion they looked into it and reflashed it. Got it back with 3 gauges

:confused: :confused:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I'll check with my contact, but you will find that if you have an earlier model (06,07) the SIC model was replaced in the 08 ones. He may of had an incorrect flash, however his VIN will allow the update.

There are 2 programming options for the SIC (Standard and Sports) In the SSV his standard mybe the 2 guages and in sports it give him the 3.

Phil