Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss-v to clubsport

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Don't listen to anyone.
I hated the SS front end and loved the hsv front end so I did the conversion.
Wasn't trying to make it anything except a car that I loved to look at at that's what it is.
Don't worry a out what anyone has to think or say about the car except yourself
As forthe conversion it's a direct seal over. Only thing u need to do is get the fog lights connector changed.
Everything else is the exact same

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
You might need to change the side skirts as well, good luck like to see some pics when she's done?

V

VT Ryda

i wasnt aware of that i might just run with the front end as i do like the ve ss-v back , that would still make me a GXP wannabe ,but i can handle that, i really havent seen one but there is so many versions of the new shape commodores who's really to know unless your looking under the bonnet for vin stamp .

screw what everyone else thinks mate, if you like the look of it and u want ur car to look good go for it!! haters will only be jealous because their stuck with a standard commodore and dont have the imagination to go for it

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Don't listen to anyone.
I hated the SS front end and loved the hsv front end so I did the conversion.
Wasn't trying to make it anything except a car that I loved to look at at that's what it is.
Don't worry a out what anyone has to think or say about the car except yourself
As forthe conversion it's a direct seal over. Only thing u need to do is get the fog lights connector changed.
Everything else is the exact same

Owning a SS Sedan I would prefer to keep the front and do the HSV rear and side fenders and flutes. Nice car cheesy

As for the original OP, do it mate. Take no notice of the knockers. Its your car, do what makes you happy. If we all did everything the same, the car scene would be pretty boring. My car used to be black with orange highlights. It was great. But then I wanted a change and did the green and mates and others I know hated it. But you know what? So what. I like it. The car will change again very shortly as I have to change wheels for a brake upgrade. But people may hate that look too.

As for resale, as soon as you even look twice at your car and possible mods, say goodbye to resale. My 60th is worth 30k trade apparently. You dont have to be too bright to know what my comment to the dealer was considering the $15k extras. But thats the point. That added $15k means didly squat. I think we all recognise in this car game that if we mod cars we do it for the enjoyment and satisfaction of making our cars unique. Not to make money. Want to make money on a car, go and buy an American Muscle Car.

I'll step down now.

PS. yeah skirts will need to be changed as well. The line is different from the SS to the HSV

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Everyone says OHH why are you putting HSV parts on your car its not a hsv well MOST of you guys have HSV WHEELS what the fricken difference unless your calling yourselves tryhards as well then i retract the comment to you.

joespace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Being a HSV wannabe is much more cost effective than actually purchasing a HSV. My mate has an SSV with all Walkinshaw parts and wants to upgrade to a new GTS. They are almost double the price and definitely not twice as good. You can make an SS have more power, drive better and look like a HSV for about $20-30,000 less than a HSV

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
what hsv wheels?
the 20 inch super sports are HBD - HSVI not HSV

And most of us get them standard not added later so that blows your comment out of the water.

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
what hsv wheels?
the 20 inch super sports are HBD - HSVI not HSV

And most of us get them standard not added later so that blows your comment out of the water.

DID i say the 20inch super sports in my post i guess that BLOWS your comment out of the water

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Do what you like, it's your car.
Just don't get all emo when you post up on a public forum asking for everyone's opinions