Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss-v to clubsport

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
GO for it man, post pics when your done, i wanna see :clapping:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
but there is so many versions of the new shape commodores who's really to know unless your looking under the bonnet for vin stamp .

It is very easy to spot a fake.... if you can't then this might be right up your ally !

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
enjoy your leather and a few other things the clubbys doesnt have:)

My "clubbie" has leather...... What other things does your SSV have that my "clubbie" doesn't ? I know i am enjoying the LS3 your SSV doesn't have ;)

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Everyone says OHH why are you putting HSV parts on your car its not a hsv well MOST of you guys have HSV WHEELS what the fricken difference unless your calling yourselves tryhards as well then i retract the comment to you.

Owning a genuine R8 i can say as i wish... and yes i like my HSV rims ;)

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Being a HSV wannabe is much more cost effective than actually purchasing a HSV. My mate has an SSV with all Walkinshaw parts and wants to upgrade to a new GTS. They are almost double the price and definitely not twice as good. You can make an SS have more power, drive better and look like a HSV for about $20-30,000 less than a HSV

Where did you get your figures dude ? And unless you have driven the LS3 you wouldn't understand..

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I have driven both (my SSV and an E2 GTS). It was nice but wasn't spectacular above my SS. It was just different.

Just because you have a HSV doesn't mean it's better than everybody else and unfortunately I have met a few owners who feel that way. I do, however, know other owners who love their car and like the things I have done to mine.

As for those figures above he wouldn't be far wrong. A mates GTS owed him high 90's when he purchased it. I have spent less than those figures above and it was producing more horsepower( he has since done a heap of work to the GTS). If I went to the figures quoted above I would be hosing any stock LS3

wedgee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV redline ute in Phantom
Lol , it doesn't matter what is done to a commodore, basically they are all just riced up Omegas/Exec's.... it's just to what degree it has been taken.

It's like the good ole days when guys (chicks drove geminis back then :p) tried to pick up statesman and prem front ends for their Kingswoods, it was still a Dingswood but looked a lil better (IMHO)

Who really cares as long as you enjoy your car and get a kick out of driving it.... Do what ya like to it.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Since it's so clearly asked in the OP........

In one word, PATHETIC!

Just another wannabe HSV. Even if it was only going to cost $5.00 it's still a waste of money as all you achieve is the look of someone that clearly wants a HSV, but for whatever reason doesn't have one. There are MUCH better investments for $600.

And there is such a think as a GENUINE HSV with an SSV rear end. It's called the GXP.

Still I suppose since HSV keep letting their factory **** out what look like Japanese turds, who can complain about what people do to change the look of their cars.

There - that's my take.

Dude? Didn't you have a hsv diff and hsv steering wheel in your calais?

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
hi all has been a while parts came back and i put them on,but the nickel silver looked a completely different colour to rest of car may aswell been a white bar on black car, painter said if was just the difference between the metallic sitting on metal and plastic and wasnt going to repaint so at the momment still have all parts but arnt on my car..lol ive taken it to a few places and most painters are telling me same thing that they'll struggle to get it looking the same ,anyone else heard of this or a a way to avoid the colour differance

Bradbd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
People put HSV wheels on their SS and no one cares, someone puts a HSV front bar on their SS and it's the end of the world. I'd consider chev badges 'worse' than a HSV front bar.

I say go for it mate E1's look awesome.