Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss-v to clubsport

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
People put HSV wheels on their SS and no one cares, someone puts a HSV front bar on their SS and it's the end of the world. I'd consider chev badges 'worse' than a HSV front bar.

I say go for it mate E1's look awesome.

I was actually asking my dad about this not 3 days ago.
He said the same thing. Just the different materials.
I noticed the same thing on a Voodoo SV6

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
hi all has been a while parts came back and i put them on,but the nickel silver looked a completely different colour to rest of car may aswell been a white bar on black car, painter said if was just the difference between the metallic sitting on metal and plastic and wasnt going to repaint so at the momment still have all parts but arnt on my car..lol ive taken it to a few places and most painters are telling me same thing that they'll struggle to get it looking the same ,anyone else heard of this or a a way to avoid the colour differance

The rear bar on my ssv(which is Nickel Nitrate silver) didnt match the rest of the car, i had it resprayed by a panel beater & now it matches perfect to the rest of the car so just look around you'll be able to find someone that'll be able to do it.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
My front bar was a pig to match last time it was resprayed - the panel shop had to call in people from PPG to match it - had 3 goes at it and it still isn't right (though a shirt-load closer than it was from factory). I'm looking around now for a place in Sydney that can hopefully get pretty close - almost time for another front bar respray.

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
yeah i notice on alot of cars this aswell,the spray painter told me that the more coats it has on the plastic,the closer the result will be to that on the metal painted surface something about pigments re-acting differently on plastic n steel ,as i asked if he could fade the front bar paint into the rest of the car and he said it wouldnt make any difference .was wondering if there was any truth to that or if it was just a bit of tech talk to explain a poor finish