Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss-v to clubsport

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
i was going to only change front bar to clubby as im a big fan of clubsport frontend as for the backs i hold them in about the same light, i have only by chance got hold of a complete front and back plus left n right front fenders and all parts needed for less than the price i was going to pay for the front alone,so have decided to go the whole car, i know this site has mixed feelings when it comes to doing this,it would look like a bitser with just the front but less so with full change over,what are peoples takes on this ?
if you were to make up your dream commodore as you would your dream sports team....what models n series would it be made up of

parts are all hsv stamped and got the lot for less than $600

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
what are peoples takes on this ?

Since it's so clearly asked in the OP........

In one word, PATHETIC!

Just another wannabe HSV. Even if it was only going to cost $5.00 it's still a waste of money as all you achieve is the look of someone that clearly wants a HSV, but for whatever reason doesn't have one. There are MUCH better investments for $600.

And there is such a think as a GENUINE HSV with an SSV rear end. It's called the GXP.

Still I suppose since HSV keep letting their factory **** out what look like Japanese turds, who can complain about what people do to change the look of their cars.

There - that's my take.

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
i wasnt aware of that i might just run with the front end as i do like the ve ss-v back , that would still make me a GXP wannabe ,but i can handle that, i really havent seen one but there is so many versions of the new shape commodores who's really to know unless your looking under the bonnet for vin stamp .

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
your gonna be a wannabe anyway so if you like it just do it

Spot on. Dont worry about what other people think. If you like it do it!

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Honestly just do it. The gxp is the **** car as it can't make up it's mind whether is wants to be a full hsv or an Ss.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Ill go with the majority....if you love it ..go for it.
Regardless of what you do some will knock it.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Regardless of what you do some will knock it.

Quoted for truth.

Make it your car, mate. If you're keen on it, thats all that really counts. There's no legal/safety implications so you're not doing anyone an injustice (except for holden/hsv designers). I'm not a fan of the GXP (or most of the E2/3 range for that matter - they're over-designed for my tastes - they should have taken the designer's pencil away about 20 minutes earlier) - but ignoring that, my big problem with the GXP is those ghastly chrome side mirror caps - so you're streets ahead already!

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
i like the look of the hsv body kits but only on the hsv dosent look right otherwise imo, but as people say your car do as u wish and if your happy who cares what others think ey haha, who knows u may change my view once i see yours make sure u get pics up mate :)

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
whats the go with all these wanna bees?

what a joke i cant believe hsv have dropped their standards to let their parts out so easily.

why would someone go spend the money when you can get so many immitations as is evident on this forum.

OP just leave it as it is it will be worth more resale than if you change guards etc and people can easily id the differences.

Sounds like you do have a nice car dont ruin it