Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V Wagon

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Of the two photoshops... definitely the one that retains the chrome (takes the focus off the bow tie).

But in all seriousness, I agree with the plain grille. If you cut the current mesh out of the holden grille you have, you'll be left with a nice frame to fix some black mesh to. Keep the tension on the mesh while you fix it up and it should look mint.

I'm going to be painting the whole grille gloss black (including the badge), in a similar vein to the front end of new-gen audis. It will be a subtle difference to the matte black... but where the current matte black grille is lost in the colour, the gloss should make it stand out and be more bold. I'm talking merc-spec high-gloss solid black.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
gloss black will be interesting, if i was gonna do mine im not sure if id woudl go gloss or matte, my wheels and front lip r matte so maybe that would be the better option.

oh right...the car this thread is about, the one with the chrome is better (if i had a gun pointed at my head and had to choose)

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Hi Guys,
Just got Bilstein shocks and H&R springs package from VCM/Autotechnique. The ride definitely seems a lot sturdier and doesn’t feel as if my arse is bouncing all over the place! I’m talking about the rear of the car! :)
Again, I can't thank the boys at VCM enough for their help and advise! Although, I have to ignore their not so subtle coughs telling me to upgrade my cam! :D I definitely will but not on this car because it's an auto!!!! Thanks guys! :beer chug:

Will let you know once I take the car for a decent cornering session. Thinking of sway bars but I was asked to test the new suspension out first!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
That's sensational! The bilsteins will cop a belting and and keep everything in check - It's likely you'll chicken out before they give up! (most people would!) :yeah:

Very keen to see what you think of them when you get the chance to drive on them in anger - and sways will only help the situation. I don't think it's any secret that they are the shocks I'm aching to fit on my car! I've driven a VEs with them fitted - but since they weren't mine, I obviously couldn't push things too far!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
mate you won't regret that decision! It's such a good performer! It's a set up that is VERY hard to go past - even when considering options twice the price. I genuinely believe you need to be looking at a $6K DMS set-up or Ohlins or similar to match it - which, let's face it, is ludicrous for the street! Congratulations mate.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Nice work on the Sportwagon. Mods look nice, love the intake, exhaust (especially those headers and cats) and suspension.

One question though, when you fitted the new exhaust did you get it tuned? if not would like to know if putting the system on threw a DTC (engine light) or rear O2 sensors.
I wouldn't mine fitting a set of these to my car but backing them up to the OEM exhaust... (need to avoid the drone issue BIG TIME for me).

Also what paint type and colour (besides black) was used to paint the calipers? Can you get some close up pics please?

Cheers
Phil

Edit: Forget about answering the tune bit, just reread your opening post... LOL sorry!

Last edited:

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
hahaha no worries. Didn't see the point in not having the car tuned after the exhaust went in.

A question to you guys on the VE suspension; I don't understand why sedans and wagons have the same springs and shocks. Maybe Tinny can answer this for me!!! I mean the wagon is heavier so it doesn't make sense to me. When I fitted my Bilsteins and H&R, the back did look a little loaded so the boys at Autotechnique are modifying the rear shocks to raise the back a little. It also looked like the front was a little lifted because the back was low! It could be me.. but apparently people get the shocks modified all the time!

With regards to the callipers, I will find out exactly what paint they used. Autotechnique did it for me when they were doing my service. Here is a close up

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg