Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss vibration

plasmid2

Reaction score
G'day to all,

I have a 2006 VE SS M6 95 000 kms on the clock.

It has developed a bit of a vibration and it only does it in 5th gear at about 90-100 km/h. If I change up or down a gear and maintain same speed the vibration is gone. It almost feels like an unbalanced wheel but it doesn't make sense that it goes away when I change gear.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Should you be in 5th gear when only doing 90-100km/h? 5th gear might be to high at that speed thus the vibration only guessing

plasmid2

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

When you say fifth gear might be too 'high' at that speed. Do you mean the speed might be too high for the gear? So I should be in sixth?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
5th gear is fine at that speed - so is 6th. Neither should cause vibration as you describe - the motor won't be labouring too much at that speed. Even though you say the vibration goes away when you change gear, I'd still suggest checking the wheel balance - that will allow you to at least rule it out (or it will fix the problem) and move onto issues with driveline, etc. Could even be a rooted suspension bush.