Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS vs VE SS-V

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I was in the same dilemma about 2 months ago before I bought my SSV Sportwagon.

Not sure if there are any Con''s between the two, but the Pro's of having an SSV are leather interior duel zone climate control with multifunction LCD screen, 19" wheels, Projector Headlights which are great for putting in a xenon HID conversion kit.
Which I've done. Also in the sedan you get 11 speaker stereo with subwoofers. There are still some other little extra bits the SSV gets over the SS but I've listed the main ones.

But if your not too fussed with those extra features the SS is still a great car for the price. It still has the same running gear as the SSV.

I really wanted the leather and the duel zone climate control with the the LCD cause it is also DVD and Sat Nav compatible. So that was my reasoning for getting the SSV.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
And the tail Lights look a heap better!

Last edited:

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I went for the SS cause iam not a fan of the leather seats and had climate control on my vz doesnt phase me too much if u like the extras and are comfortable then go for the SSV prob get an extra grand or 2 trade in time but just didnt like the leather seats for some reason.
Goodluck

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
Well it depends on what your "must haves" are, firstly if i had a VE i would go straight for the SSV tail lights regardless of the model in the sedan, i would just have to have them over the standard lights, so if you were like me that will cost you extra right there.... plus the leather or sports cloth does look good.

I know holden is selling the SS for $42,000 manual, which isnt to bad i recon considering my dad got a 2000 VT v6 olympic for 31k brand new... depends.... you could propally get an SS and try to get them to give you some extras either thrown in or at a discounted rate. I'm not sure what the going rate of the SSV now is, but its almost about to be replaced with the VE series2

I'd go the SS and ask for a fue extras, but get some costings with and without the extras and then compair that to the price of the SSV

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The SS seats are identical to the SSV, they have the same shape, bolstering and everything - just don't have leather as standard. I didn't want leather - had it before and found it way too slippy - not a fan - bring on the alcantara! Also, dual zone climate control in a ute? - seemed a bit naff to me and I really couldn't care less about the stereo, lcd screen or reversing cameras. So I saved myself the cash and went with the SS. The tail lights in the ute are all the same, so the only differences are interior, aside from the 19s - which weren't worth the extra to me. Given that I'll most likely be swapping the seats out for something with much heavier bolstering anyway, they were a moot point regardless of the leather.

If you want all the creature comforts that the SSV comes with as standard, then go for that - but if they don't phase you, then just grab an SS and spend the money you saved on productive modifications.

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
SSV all the way.
why go the poverty pack and try to change it when you can get the real deal at a run out price?
by the time you buy 20" wheels and tires, change the light on the front and back then wish you had the better stereo because they are much better than the **** in the SS with the 11 speakers and screen with that you can have some integration with the rear parking sensors, gps, dvd and climate

The leather seats are very comfortable and matches the leather on the doors arm rest and steering wheel and arm rests.
I am so glad i got the ssv over the ss and will never take a backward step again.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
What do you mean LCD screen is compatible with DVD? Is there an AUX input somewhere?

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Although it is not all that special these days, the interior of the SSV "feels" a lot more classy than the SS with the leather and the large screen, etc. Other than that, the SS is great value - sint it about $5k cheaper?

My personal choice was the SSV with all the options ticked - still was a really "affordable" and good value proposition!