Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS vs VE SS-V

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Bought my SSV just over a month ago now - I had a choice between an 06-07 SSV or a 08-09 SS - I went the SSV because I like the factory extras and I was lucky enough to find one that was a mums take the kids to school car. My advice, if you are going 2nd hand, wait for the right one, it will pay off in the end and there are plenty around. Either way you will love it, they are both awesome cars but if you want the SSV from the start you might regret little things about the SS ;)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The only thing I wish I had added to my car when I bought it is the steering wheel from the SSV. The standard thing in my SS is just too skinny as I have quite big hands. But its a 400 odd addition, so still wasn't worth getting the SSV. Admittedly, the SSV makes more sense in the sedans than the utes. Like I said earlier, dual zone climate control is wasted in something the size of the ute's cabin. I genuinely wasn't impressed with the leather... But then I don't look for 'plush' or 'luxurious' in my cars. I'll be swapping the standard pews for some alcantara clad recaros anyway. So it all comes down to how you want to use your car.

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
VTSSDUDE,
there sure is you need to get it programmed but i am pretty sure there are threads on this you need to get the VIM upgrade and then you can plug in reverse camera and dvd and it switches auto between. if you have rear dvd it is plugged in now i think but wont play once in motion.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
VTSSDUDE,
there sure is you need to get it programmed but i am pretty sure there are threads on this you need to get the VIM upgrade and then you can plug in reverse camera and dvd and it switches auto between. if you have rear dvd it is plugged in now i think but wont play once in motion.

Interesting, I have a SSV, with factory GPS, so it has a DVD player sitting in the glovebox for the maps DVD, and I thought I would be smart and put a movie DVD in, came up on screen unrecognisable DVD. :( I have no reversing camera though or rear DVD player. The car has everything else though.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I have been told that the SSV have bigger brakes then the SS, is this true?

zedandm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60th Anniversary
We bought a 2008 60th anniversary SSV and I’m in love......... I personally wouldn’t go to a SS as the SSV has a lot more options for not a lot more money as a second hand car or new.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I was in the same boat - no brainer we went for the SSV 2009 MY10 wagon - we have 2 rugrats and leather seats are a bonus plus all the little bits and bobs we loved - we wanted "Phantom" and leather, we waited for the right SSV 2009 M10 wagon to come on the scene and we went straight for the jugular.........

We are picking The Phantom up on Friday :)