Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss wont remote unlock

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
hey all.today the car wont unlock,lock or boot release remotely.I unlocked the car with the key in the door lock then tried the remote several times and it works fine.then left the car locked for about 1 hour and tried again and wont open remotely again.is this low battery in the remote or something more sinister.No low battery fault showing on the dash.very frustrating! any suggestions?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
had this with mine the central locking module powers down and wont stay on stand by.
holden need to flash the computer and its all done $121 for 1 hr labour if not under warranty

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
thanks mate!

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
whats the go with spare keys with the VE's? i went from a VN which could be open with a lollipop stick to a VE with this fancy key **** haha. only got 1 key and wouldnt mind a spare for 'just in case' reasons... cost etc ?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
key cost about $80-110 depending if you want a flip key or not try ebay. i got mine for $90 with the remote and all
then $50 odd to get it cut and $121 for holden to programme it you might get it done with the flash so you only have to pay once

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
this crap happens to my ve ss 06 model aswell . happens from time to time, and happened to me now actually , the easy fix i found was to access the passenger side fuse box and with pliers take out and re insert the mini fuses only 1 by 1 . this resets something in the cars computer and your remote will now work again like it should . also helps to put a brand new battery in the key if its been a while . its a cr 2032 button cell battery .