Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV 19's on a vy? fair price?

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
hey, just woudering if a set of VE SSV 19's would suit a vy executive (silver),
also i was offered them for around $1400 with new tyres, good price?
im also planning on lowering it, am i expecting many problems with 19's? im guessing not as much as 20's

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
SSV rims won't fit straight away, you have to get them machined to fit older commodores. The only reason i got mine were because it was already done for me. Apparently they're a big insurance invalidator.
Depending how much you're lowering it by, you shouldn't have problems with clearances - i haven't.
Camber is a bitch though.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
SSV rims won't fit straight away, you have to get them machined to fit older commodores. The only reason i got mine were because it was already done for me. Apparently they're a big insurance invalidator.
Depending how much you're lowering it by, you shouldn't have problems with clearances - i haven't.
Camber is a bitch though.

yeh sorry, i knew that, totally forgot, mmm i could probs buy pre-machined, it wouldnt be to expensive im guessing,
or do what you did, buy pre-machined(how much did yours cost) sorry you dont have to answer,
yeh i do want it fairly low, but not to extreme, i am trying to avoid rolling guards, yeh so you have problems with camber, eating through tryes i guess hahaha oowell price you gotta pay...

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
mine were about 1200 plus 1000 for tyres. I've had them for about 6months, the insides have got about 3000km's left on em, but in total i've done about 12,000km's - with a fair bit of breaking traction in there also.
I've got a camber kit in the shed ready to install, it's just a matter of finding time to get it put in.