Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV 2007 Won't Start

inais

Rookie
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Ute
hmmm. thanks ssv. wish i had of known that before we overpaid for a service that I was happy to do myself, but didnt know how to get rid of the service tag.

the the clutch switch on the inside or outside of the car?
I have checked the obvious engine fuses. nothing out of place as far as i can see. a few are those big bulky ones you cant really tell. they usually only blow when the electrics are being played with in my experience anyways.

WIKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS LS3
Had a similar problem last week. I went straight to the Positive bolt on the passenger strut and tightened the bolt. Problem solved as my bolt was coming loose a tiny bit. 13mm spanner and 2 minutes. Hope thats your problem. Mine was sometimes dead or ticking like it had a flat battery but it was reading over 12v.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

inais

Rookie
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Ute
hey guys. tried the key first.. weirdly enough. it works with the spare. wtf?

how and what would cause a key to fail? it unlocks and locks it fine?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
hey guys. tried the key first.. weirdly enough. it works with the spare. wtf?

how and what would cause a key to fail? it unlocks and locks it fine?

Bent, scored / scratched, worn, zapped, wet, dirty, magnetised, radiation, dunno! But has happened to me before too with well used key.

inais

Rookie
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Ute
ahhh. righto. weirdest problem ive ever had to deal with.

Thanks for the help everyone.

tim rigby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
mine had this issue ended up the battery was loose and the terminal touched the earth it blue the fuse on the accual terminal if you look the terminal has two fuses on it and two smaller leads bolted to it check you have power to these leads with a tester mine failed on one of these terminals repalce the terminal or use a fuse holder from a amplifier to connect the lead to power make sure to bolt battery down securely check terminal is clear of any earthing areas good luck