Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV 2010 ute stereo ppgrade

aza252

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
so far i have got

alpine - sws1243d
Alpine MRP-M500 - Amplifier
and an inclosed box for the sub

Alpine SPR-17S 6.5" - which are goin into the doors and replacing the tweeters
Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" Type-R Speakers - there goin to replace the speakers behind the seats which i am goin to run treble through them instead of the bass
Alpine MRP-F600 4-channel amp - to run the speakers

(havent bought the Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" Type-R Speakers or Alpine MRP-F600 4-channel amp yet so do you think it would sound any good if i get another set of Alpine SPR-17S 6.5" and have the tweeters somewhere near the head rest aswell?)

now is it worth getting a capacitor to help it our or are they just useless.
and is there anything else i would need to get before i get it installed. im going to get a professional to install it but i want to have it all there because it would be cheaper for me to get the parts then them buying it for me and charging me extra for there profit. ill let them supply the wiring though.

thank you

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Man alpine does good gear but if you want some really nice mid to high end go Polk Audio, MB Quarts, Fosgate or Focal. You will not regret the little bit extra they cost trust me as I went Polk and sound is beautiful!

aza252

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
ive already got the alpine sup, amp and the splits so prob just gonna stick to it. did you change the speakers behind ur seats like im goin 2? or u dont have them

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
The vz didnt have any behind the seat, otherwise I woulda :) Sorry didnt see you already had all the other gear, may as well stick to alpine then :)