Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV 2011 ABS FAULT

Ve2011ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore ssv
Hi i am having an issue with ABS faults. 2011 VE COMMODORE SSV AUTO.
1. abs Fault CO131 - Brake switch circuit.

2. abs/tcs Fault CO161 - System pressure circuit.

The brake switch circuit was replaced and it is still throwing the same faults.

It's happening Intermediately. I left the auto electrician yesterday and half hour into the drive it threw the faults. Went back to him and he cleared the faults.
I then drove 1 hour after the faults were cleared and it didn't throw a fault. I then drove for 10 minutes stopping and switching off in between and it did not throw the fault. Then this morning that same faults came up again after 10 minutes.

All brake lights are working. Drive the car with the scan tool plugged in and slammed the brakes on. Abs worked. It said the Pressure was normal.

I am desperate for help. I have a tumour on my pancreas and have to travel for treatment. The mechanic said it will fail a pink slip because of it. I am only on a pension and i cant afford to keep replacing things until i find the issue. I have already paid 5 hours and the brake switch. Which is the switch on the brake peddle.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I have already paid 5 hours and the brake switch. Which is the switch on the brake peddle.
Take it back and tell them they didn't repair the fault. Get your money back, or tell them to continue working on it until they've fixed it. If they fob you off, reverse the credit card charge.
Now that they've started it, they own the problem unless they actually repair something or give your money back.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Then he has to keep paying labour and parts for whatever they try next. Exactly what he wants to avoid unless it fixes it.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have already paid 5 hours and the brake switch. Which is the switch on the brake peddle.
The switch on the brake pedal is for the stop lights & turning off the cruise control.
The brake pressure switch is in the abs module.