Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV 6sp auto transmisson problem??

atillassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON
hey guys, having issues with the auto. it started slipping on the way home last night then it got worse, wouldnt even drive? wont select drive or reverse. bought the car few weeks ago everything was fine car has done about 70k. i did notice sometimes flaring when shifting up, then when punching it some times it used to rev hard and used to have a delay before it changed gears (i thought it was traction control)
any ideas what problem i may have...

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
what year is it? early to mid 09 builds had oil pump problems,even a healthy box will flare a bit ,the delay is the torque abuse mode in the box which sort of works by speed matching the next gear, thats not excactly how it works but is a simplified explanation. i'd be hot footing it to a shop or taking back to the yard you got it from if thats where you got it that is

atillassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON
Mid 09 , I'm at the mechanics now... His got it on the computer scanning it. He reckons could be what you said oil pump. Hopping its not mechanical..