Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Air conditioning leak in boot

Stuffnco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 06 VE SSV and I noticed The other day I noticed that there was a seam not seam sealed in the factory, so we went to seam seal it and noticed a puddle of water sitting in the gap below and thought it was a leak some where as there had been some recent wet weather. It seems though, after doing some testing I've found that every time the Aircon is turned on it creates this water puddle in the same spot which is in the bottom right corner (see attached picture). I find this a bit odd as I cannot see any kind of hoses only electrical cables in the area. Ive done a quick search around but cant seem to find if anyone has had this happen to them.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20160227_17_21_05_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20160227_17_21_05_Rich_LI.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,020

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
No aircon anything in the boot, so that's almost impossible that the aircon is causing it, but they are pressure relief flaps your seeing (helps you close the car doors/boot etc by relieving the cabin pressure). Aircon removes moisture from the air and the drain for this is under the dash draining to the outside - it goes nowhere near the boot.
I'd be climbing in the boot and having a helper spray the car with a hose in the boot area to see where the water is getting in.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Impossible.

Evaporator core under dash and outlet is under it.

Another issue altogether.

Hose it and have a good look around

Stuffnco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Okay,

So I've sprayed the car everywhere on the rear end, including the underneath and not a drop of water gets in anywhere. The only reason I link it to the Air conditioner is because yesterday when driving to work I didnt have the AC on and when I got to work I checked, no water in that spot. The car was a bit warm in the afternoon when I knocked off so I had the AC on for about half an hour on the way home. When I got home there was a puddle of water in that corner and it was cold water. Yesterday was a sunny day as well with no rain what so ever which is why I find this issue very odd. I have done this a couple of days in a row as well and I've had the same result every time. I might have to take it in to someone to get it checked yet.

Thanks for the quick responses