Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV bluetooth issue

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey guys,

I recently bought a new phone (iPhone 7) and have tried connecting it to the bluetooth system in my 08 SSV. My problem is that the 'Vehicle BT' name doesn't appear in my phone's bluetooth device list. My old phone (iPhone 6) paired fine and I have other bluetooth devices connected to this new phone.
I read in the manual that there's a limit on the number of devices that can be connected to the car. Is there any way to clear that list of previous connections or does anyone have any other suggestions??

G-Wizard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0L V8
You could jump in the car, unpair/forget the device from your iPhone 6 and then tell the car to go into pair mode and see if it shows up in the list then for your new phone.

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I just tried it and still no luck...
I sent an email to Holden support last night so I'll see if that gets me anywhere...

G-Wizard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0L V8
What if you unplug your battery for a few hours? That should reset the computer + radio settings.

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
So I finally got a call back from Holden Customer Service today....

Apparently the phone isn't compatible with the car. The series 1 headunit only supports up to the iPhone 6. Mine being a 7, the car doesn't recognise the phone. I was told I need to take the car to a dealership to work out a solution

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
So I finally got a call back from Holden Customer Service today....

Apparently the phone isn't compatible with the car. The series 1 headunit only supports up to the iPhone 6. Mine being a 7, the car doesn't recognise the phone. I was told I need to take the car to a dealership to work out a solution

Sorry, don't buy it.

Just paired a 7+ to my VE Bluetooth. Came up as 'headset' when searching but became 'Vehicle BT' once connected.

The Bluetooth unit can only hold six phones in it's memory, there is a way to clear the unit but I couldn't see it in the manual.

HTH Nick

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I will test an iphone 8 tonight

I seriously hate asking Holden for tips / help for anything as a walk in customer.
They seem to be programmed to get maximum dollars out of you!

I now go through my mechanic who will call Holden for anything he doesnt know or prive!
He seem's to get better responses / cheaper alternatives.

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I will test an iphone 8 tonight

I seriously hate asking Holden for tips / help for anything as a walk in customer.
They seem to be programmed to get maximum dollars out of you!

I now go through my mechanic who will call Holden for anything he doesnt know or prive!
He seem's to get better responses / cheaper alternatives.

I work on my car myself so i guess I am my own mechanic so I don't have that luxury haha.
Keen for your reply to see how the 8 goes.