Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV boot lip

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
hi all has any one seen the jhp G8 boot lip to suit the ve on there web sit it looks like the senator lip with out the spot for the badge. to me it looks like it will cover all the holes im not sure if the calais style will but the old one has to go

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
l've got one on my SSV buddy.

u can buy the lips from Holden themselves.
Ask for a Calai lip.
cost me 200bux off the top of my head - then $150 to spray.

bolts line up perfect.
u have to buy two rubber gromets to cover the remaining two hols
buy from clark rubber, around 50cents each!

hope this helps mate

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Just quote this part number when ordering: 92217652

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
hi all has any one seen the jhp G8 boot lip to suit the ve on there web sit it looks like the senator lip with out the spot for the badge. to me it looks like it will cover all the holes im not sure if the calais style will but the old one has to go

Are you saying the one you saw on the JHP site is different to the Calais boot lip?
Have you got a link to the one you're talking about?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
the G8 spoiler is substantially deeper than the Calais one. Comes with the pontiac kit Holden is flogging at the moment. While I think the pontiac front end looks like a busted arse, the spoiler is pretty sexy. I know the overhang is longer but not sure if it comes far enough up the boot lid to cover the holes. Even if it does, probably a good idea to get them welded up to keep it water proof.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
the G8 spoiler is substantially deeper than the Calais one.

That's not what I've heard. People on this forum have said that the G8 and the Calais rear spoilers are the same thing. :confused:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
That's not what I've heard. People on this forum have said that the G8 and the Calais rear spoilers are the same thing. :confused:

Can't quickly find a pic of the one I saw thismorning. I'll have a hunt for it when I get a minute. Maybe it was aftermarket but I just figured it came with the ugly pontiac front end. Seen a couple like it though. Its a much longer spoiler that stands almost straight out from the bootlid rather than curling up like the Calais. It's mounted flush with the boot to keep the streamlined look. It's what I would opt for if I had a sedan.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
the G8 spoiler is substantially deeper than the Calais one. Comes with the pontiac kit Holden is flogging at the moment. While I think the pontiac front end looks like a busted arse, the spoiler is pretty sexy. I know the overhang is longer but not sure if it comes far enough up the boot lid to cover the holes. Even if it does, probably a good idea to get them welded up to keep it water proof.

The Calais & G8 spoiler are the same thing, GM just name them differently for aus & us. The spoiler only covers the 2 front holes meaning you've got 2 spare ones that can just be covered up with rubber grommets.

Davey g - i think the op means this spoiler,

JHP_VE_LIP_4-h.jpg

It's actually not from JHP as they only sell genuine GM stuff, it's actually from ebay
ve commodore ss hsv sv6 lip spoiler - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-May-10 20:00:41 AEST)

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
Looks different here, the G8 spoiler doesn't travel down the bootlid as shown in the previous post ...

wallpapers_Pontiac_G8_GXP_photo_gallery.jpg