Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV centre console into VE Omega

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
All

I have a 2009 VE Omega sportswagon. Have been reading here a bit and wondering.

Can I simply purchase the centre section from an SSV commodore (stereo gauges etc) and simply bolt it into my 09 Omega? Is there something I am missing here? Does it simply bolt in, use the standard wiring plugs and work?

thanks

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Nop! Thats not going to work.

These cars have the car stereo and air conditioner sharing the same lcd screen.if you have that then your stuck.you cant change the stereo as you will not be able to use the aircon.
You will only have two choices.
1) There is an alpine conversion kit that allows a custom head unit to integrate to a new digital aircon control screen they have built in to a new facia plate. They cost about $800.

2) either use the glove box or the small blank section at the bottom of the dash to add an additional head unit to the custom one in the dash.
You can then d disconnect the old custom.speakers if you wish and just use the existing lcd screen in the dash for aircon purposes only.
let me know if you need any more help ?

Cheers

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Also the Holdens electrics use a bus data system called CANBUS.
The have a different protocall which cant just work with different models of holdens except for same make VE only.

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Yes that model will work.
It uses the same CANBUS format