Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV cranks 3 sec before start.

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
you just need a length of 10amp wire going from the battery positive terminal to the pump side of the fuel pump fuse. Pull the fuse out and jam the stripped end of wire into it. Not sure which side, try either until you hear the pump running.
cut an access hole? pics?
Yes taking the pump assembly out of the tank will give you access to the tubing.

Embezl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
Here is the pic. I have not opened it up yet. I might make a better access cover that unscrews rather than using silicon. It is strong and air tight though as is,

Attachments

• Car Floor 3.pdf
    951.6 KB · Views: 124

Embezl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
So I have just taken cover off to access the pump. I take it the black hose with the 90⁰ fitting on top of pump is the supply line to the engine. If I put a one way valve on this line that should fix my problem. Yes, no?

Embezl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
Oh yes, I have fixed the problem. Because I knew my pump was working but losing fuel pressure it had to be regulator or non return valve. Both are a part of the pump. I pulled off the outlet on the pump, connected a clear hose with the end up high, turned on ignition and pump primed the tube. As soon as the pump stopped the fuel ran straight back into the tank. So I took out the pump, got the serial numbers off the pump and bought a new one from repco. Now car starts instantly. They wanted $470 for the pump. I said no way. Got him down to $350. That is more reasonable.

Last edited: