Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV ESP issue

Jerm25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi all - first post for me, so thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide.

I have a 2007 SSV sedan. Going round right hand corners at any speed that loads up the rear left suspension, at a certain point, I get a noise that at first I thought was the tire hitting the guard, but on a closer listen sounds almost like a solenoid click. It also feels like the rear left brake is being applied. On a recent open road trip, the issue continued with noise and the braking "drag", until the ESP stability assistance warning light started to light up at the same time - which I guess explains the braking feeling. When I switch the ESP off, the issue goes away.

Sounds like a sensor issue to me, with the sensor deciding there's a loss of traction "too early". Has anyone experienced this issue before? Thanks

Jerm25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Oh, forgot to add, factory 19 inch rim and tire combo, no suspension mods. Cheers

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'm no expert, but it sounds like the ESP is doing it's thing... That is assuming you're pushing it pretty hard around the bend.

Jerm25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
No, that's the problem, I'm barely pushing at all. This is happening at 80km/h round moderate corners...and only on right handers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowerd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV Ute
Sounds like ESP doing its thing, mine feels like it kick in under the slightest load sometimes through a minor bend.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Only way to know would be to swap sensors and see.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
How many kms?
Perhaps its time to replace worn suspension.

Jerm25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
120,000kms... Hopefully not worn to the extent of causing that sort of early reaction by the ESP. And strange only happening on left side. Looks like an issue to get dealer to explore at service time...