Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV GMM Ripshifter or Pro Billet Short Shifter?

Maltese2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV Manual
Hey guys, I’ve read many forums regarding shifters for the V8 commodores and I’m still undecided. I’ve never driven a car with one of these shifters before, but I’ve come across both pros and cons regarding the two shifters from what I’ve read.
Some guys claim the ripshifter to be noisy, bad on the gearbox, leaving metal fragments and the shift throw to be shorter than standard but not as short as the billet product. Whereas the ripshifter seems to be the faster and smoother shifter, with most of the quick manual guys choosing the rip shifter between the two.
The billet product, has a much shorter throw than the ripshifter, although doesn’t shift as smoothly as the ripshifter so I’ve read.
What are people’s opinions between the two? Which one is better? The ripshifter seems to be a lot more popular, yet it costs more. Does this make it the better product? Yet others claim the billet short shifter is better quality wise.