Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv high idle after MAF/TB clean

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its going down to like 50 then its cool enough to bring it out of CL (some bout 55c is the OL limit) and it shouldnt be varying the temp anyway it will always interfere with fueling, id look at this first then u can get some consistency with the sensors then see what the rest is doing

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Off Topic: But what OTR is that? The filter is so easy accessible compared to mine ..

Edit: Oh wait, this is a photo of it pulled out from the front of the radiator

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Off Topic: But what OTR is that? The filter is so easy accessible compared to mine ..

Edit: Oh wait, this is a photo of it pulled out from the front of the radiator
Its an orrsum otr. Thats where it sits i just has the top cover off

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1441668811307.jpg
    FB_IMG_1441668811307.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 231

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
So took it into the mechanic this arvo. Perfomed idle relearn (disconnect battery, then 10min idle) no change..found corroeded coolant sensor plug..so monday will put a new plug on, if that dosent fux the problem, then he has a spare MAF hes gonna to swap over..see how we go..

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wow that’s a beautiful bay!
Should get some hi temp blue paint and paint the grey bits of ur engine cover blue it will match the car nicely and look so much better than that dull grey

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Update:
So car was with mechanic all day. He said hes tested everything. Pulled of TB inspected it. Checked all readings and apparently its doing everything correct to what the ecu wants it to do...fuel readings correct. MAF is correct.he doesnt know what is wrong...not happy cos it cost me $300 and i still have this problem...

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
So not fuel or sensors (I presume mech checked O2), and ECU doesn’t report misfire even, try ignition: plugs, leads, coil packs.
Like i dont know..he had it all day and checked everything..if it doesnt sort itself in couple weeks ill look at getting a new ecu maybe..or im just going to trade it in. ive had it for 6 years and the past 12months its been 1 thing after another. ive lost interest in it..

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
So ive uploaded a a short clip of what my car is doing. The car runs ok and idles fine when statinary but when in neutral and rolling or when you come to a stop itll rev high. Once you stop moving it returns to normal..in the clip im rolling down the road in neutral at 40ks and the revs are up and down. Sometimes it just sits at 2000rpm and other times it does this..itll kepp doing that until you put it in gear or come to a stop

Attachments

• 20180315_142030_1.gif
    20180315_142030_1.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 240