Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv high idle after MAF/TB clean

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
So ive uploaded a a short clip of what my car is doing. The car runs ok and idles fine when statinary but when in neutral and rolling or when you come to a stop itll rev high. Once you stop moving it returns to normal..in the clip im rolling down the road in neutral at 40ks and the revs are up and down. Sometimes it just sits at 2000rpm and other times it does this..itll kepp doing that until you put it in gear or come to a stop
just log the throttle position, rpm and max frequency while you go for a drive please. will show whats up.
im up in briso this weekend btw

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
just log the throttle position, rpm and max frequency while you go for a drive please. will show whats up.
im up in briso this weekend btw
Throttle positon while this is happpening is between 10 &13%. The rpm is between 1000&2000, Sometimes sticks on 2000..What do u mean by max frequency?

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Anyone have any ideas? Not keen on taking it to a mechanic for another day to pay a fortune and no fix....

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Got a any mates with VE V8's? Try another throttle body. Have seen this issue before where the TB can't find it's idle position after a clean, yet to work out what the actual issue is.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Service Bay/On Road Idle Learn Procedure – Performed after the ECM is programmed or replaced

1. Note: Do NOT perform this procedure if any DTCs are set.
  2. Engine idling for 3 min.
  3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and the scan tool Desired Idle Speed should start to decrease.
  4. Ignition OFF for 60 s.
  5. Start and idle the engine for 3 min.
  6. Verify the engine is idling normally.
    • If the engine idle is not correct

1. Note: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
    2. Operate the vehicle at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
    3. Verify the engine is idling normally.
      • If the engine idle is not correct.
        Ignition OFF for 60 s, repeat step 5.1.

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Got a any mates with VE V8's? Try another throttle body. Have seen this issue before where the TB can't find it's idle position after a clean, yet to work out what the actual issue is.
Nah cant getmy hands on one. My mechanic took it all apart again and checked it. Said it looked fine..

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Sean, did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same issue with my LS3 Redline.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
GM had issues with throttle bodies on 2009 3.6 ltr engines and extended the warranty on this component to 10 years.

Also, some other engines had issues with electrical contact points of the metallic fingers within the throttle position sensor itself which caused all sorts of idle and power issues. Likely not related to V8’s but interesting in any case, see below