Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by mossiek, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    I've had my VESSV for 4 months. It has been back to the original dealer
    and another dealer 4 times with different issues. The glove box didnt close properly - they repaired that. The door trim on the drivers door wasnt clipped on properly - they repaired that by sitting in the drivers seat & banging it on! There wasnt any underlay under the carpet in the back - they said they repaired that. Went to another dealer as i didnt think it was repaired, now they have to replace all carpet 'cos the underlay wasnt fused to carpet (not impressed as they will have to take seats out etc.). Miss in the motor - said there wasnt, but when I went to leave dealership it was running sooo rough I called them over to sit in it - they say they will deal with that when I take it in for carpet. That was a few weeks ago, still waiting for them to call. Also the bootlid is not aligned correct as the spaces on each side are different widths. I have been talking with customer service since purchase, who ensure me they will sort it out! Very frustrating! Has anyone had any troubles with any of this?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. djvsa

djvsa New Member

man that is so disspointing, on the other hand ive had my second hand ss ute for bout a year now and no problems, what im trying to say is that u buy a new car expecting it to be perfect but it ruins the experience when u have problems like u did, just an idea but if things dont get happening soon maybe call consumer affairs and see what ur rights are, i really hope it works out for u

3. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    None of what you have described. I have had a few electrical gremlins and the bluetooth phone thing gets a lot of feed back from time to time.

Reaper

4. totq

totq New Member

Members Ride:
    VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
    Mate, just be patient with them. Manufacturing or assembly of any type can never be 100%, it is just pure bad luck that this car landed in your lap (it could have gone to anyone else too). I would be ****ed off just as much as you are, but be patient (but firm with them) and i'm sure they will sort it all out for you.

5. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep at them! I keep you posted how it's going.

6. Grommz

Grommz New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS
    damn dude i pick my ss up tommorow i hope i have none of these issues..

7. cxcxcxvcvcvc

cxcxcxvcvcvc Active Member

Members Ride:
    VT Commodore
    hey its a bit of topic but do the pillars on the front windscreen of the ve range make it hard to see side traffic when pulling out from side streets and T sections? ive heard that because of the thickness of the ve,s windscreen pillars it creates like a black spot in the drivers view? might be just rubbish ect?

8. Reaper

Members Ride:
    Nah - they are a pain and take some getting used to. Overall the VE is *much* more difficult to see out of compared to the VT-Z range. The B & C pillars make reversing and seeing around you difficult too.

Reaper

9. dazchaz

dazchaz New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS-V
    Yeah, sounds like a lot of bad luck. Hope Holden gets it all fixed. Thankfully I haven't had any problems with my SSV so far... in fact it's going like a dream.

On the pillars though - almost took out a pedestrian I didn't see crossing the intersection I was turning into! The pillar blocks them completely if they're standing on your opp. right corner.

10. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    I had my SSV back to the workshop last week and they replaced all the carpet. They also aligned the boot lid which was uneven. They say the motor has a rough idle cos the SSV's have a rough idle - thats crap. If I want them to check it out again (4th time for the motor), I have to leave my car there overnight. Which is a pain as the dealership is 60k's away & I need my car for work etc. When I left my car there for the carpet it had to be at the dealership at 8.30am and I was to pick it up a 5.00pm, the courtesy car they gave me was 1990 nissan pintara, which was an insult - and the car wasnt ready 'til 6.40pm. Alot of stuffin' around for a brand new car! Anyway, I sincerley hope no-one else encounters these problems - it puts a real downer on the 'new car' experience. As for the 'blind spots', yeah it does take a bit of getting used to!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  11. totq

totq New Member

Members Ride:
    Only if you're a lazy-azz driver that won't move yourself to look out....
    Visibility complaints about the modern day STRONGER pillar issue is not new, i have the last model toyota camry and it is noticeably bigger, but if i move myself to see out, it's not an issue.

12. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    The pillars are larger and I Do move myself to look out always, but there are still blind spots. So I dont know where you get off saying only lazy-azz drivers would have issues. Do you drive a SSV?

13. Emackulation

Emackulation Banned

Members Ride:
    '92 HSV VP GTS
    Mate that sucks bad, how bad can the idle be! Hope it all works out in the end. Things like the door trim panel are nothing to worry about, you could of just banged it back on yourself.

14. totq

totq New Member

Members Ride:
    "Hey bro..don't taser me bro..."

It appears you took my earlier 'jovial' and 'general' post to heart and personal.
    ALL cars have blindspots one way or another, my '03 camry wouldn't be far off you ss-V either....and for the record, i don't drive an ss-V, LOL.

15. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    What I meant was unless you drive 1 you wouldnt really know!

16. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    The 'rough idle' they say is quite ok feels like the car is going to stall. It's not all the time, but when it does it I'm sure its not right!

17. Emackulation

Emackulation Banned

Members Ride:
    '92 HSV VP GTS
    Quesiton, if your totally not happy with a new car right, and you've been back and forwards with it, can you request a replacement car because you've simply had enough?

18. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    Couldn't agree more. Bout time someone said it like it is. ANY blind spot in ANY car can be overcome...

19. Reaper

Members Ride:
    The problem is economics. The VE has curtain airbags but doesn't have the technology to hide it in the pillar (like the merc's, BMW's do) and thus the pillars are huge.

Reaper

20. mov

mov New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS V IGNITION
    Whoa, sounds like bad luck, hope you get it sorted.
    My SSV has been fine with no such issues, although the carpet under the accelerator is somehow being pulled down, no not from me flooring it, but i will get Holden to fix it next service. No issues with pillar, I think you get use to it. Rear spoiler is quite large and i think that is harder to get use to.