Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
....Wonder why the change in attitude. Have to wonder if it had anything to do with the customer survey I completed not long ago, stating my dissatisfaction with Holden. Anyway whatever the reason 'bout time! :D

Maybe a representative from Holden is on this forum? :whistling

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Only if you're a lazy-azz driver that won't move yourself to look out....
Visibility complaints about the modern day STRONGER pillar issue is not new, i have the last model toyota camry and it is noticeably bigger, but if i move myself to see out, it's not an issue.

i need to do this in my vx, would much rather lean over a bit to see than hit someone/something lol

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Havent been on for a while, thought I'd give you an update!
Holden had my car for 7 days the week before last, with the promise of not returning it until everything I wasn't happy with was rectified. They finally repaired another part they had broken on my console when replacing it last time! They fitted a suspension kit and another kit underneath to stop the clunking. They had it for the week as they kept having to order more parts as they weren't sure where the clunks were coming from! Oh and there are still clunks when I turn the corner, but maybe not as often as there was! Still they dont acknowledge the miss in the motor, said they put it on all the diagnostics and everything is as it should be. The dealership said they would replace my front seats and now they are saying Holden will not authorise it and therefore they would have to pay for the seats so they can not replace them. So much for not returning it until everything's rectified. As for Holden, I returned the customer survey they sent me stating my unsatisfaction with the car and the service - that was another waste of time! I received a letter from them stating they have tried to contact me on numerous occasions regarding the survey and that I am unreachable! Obviously havent called after 3.30, when I'm home from work! I returned their call, spoke with someone who took my details and said they would call back! True to form have not called back. What can I say...The bullshit continues....

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
that's no good mate.... you must have some patience because like i said before
i would have driven it through the showroom by now and got a new one....

michael.meli

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I took my ssv to holden today to have the diff looked at under warranty and the wanker behind the counter tried to tell me that its normal to have 1/4 turn of the tailshaft play. When i disagreed he then got a bit nasty asking how long id been a mechinic, it goes in tomorrow to have paint spots looked at by the warranty asessor so ill see what hes got to say but i can see ill have problems

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I took my ssv to holden today to have the diff looked at under warranty and the wanker behind the counter tried to tell me that its normal to have 1/4 turn of the tailshaft play. When i disagreed he then got a bit nasty asking how long id been a mechinic, it goes in tomorrow to have paint spots looked at by the warranty asessor so ill see what hes got to say but i can see ill have problems

You sure it's 1/4 turn of play??? Several teeth would have to be missing off the pinion for that to be true. Is it whining?

Reaper

michael.meli

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
maybe not quite a 1/4 but its deffinitly screwed, its atleast 2 or 3cm with a slight wine that can only be heard from outside the car. i was told they wont touch it under warranty coz all the diffs previously replaced under warranty have been damaged due to aggresive driving not design or manufacture, they told me they can quite clearly see that i havent flogged it due to no rubber under the guards or car and tyre wear matches the front but as ive only had the car about a month the previous owners damage is now my responsabilty, they are going to fix a few paint spots but no diff

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
maybe not quite a 1/4 but its deffinitly screwed, its atleast 2 or 3cm with a slight wine that can only be heard from outside the car. i was told they wont touch it under warranty coz all the diffs previously replaced under warranty have been damaged due to aggresive driving not design or manufacture, they told me they can quite clearly see that i havent flogged it due to no rubber under the guards or car and tyre wear matches the front but as ive only had the car about a month the previous owners damage is now my responsabilty, they are going to fix a few paint spots but no diff

If the previous owner flogged the crap out of it then you are in a bit of a bad situation. How many diffs has it had?

Reaper

michael.meli

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
its still the original diff, when i say all the diffs previously replaced i mean nation wide, im gunna have to go back to where i bought it and let them sort it out between them and holden. we knew of it but expected holden to fix it