Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
hey its a bit of topic but do the pillars on the front windscreen of the ve range make it hard to see side traffic when pulling out from side streets and T sections? ive heard that because of the thickness of the ve,s windscreen pillars it creates like a black spot in the drivers view? might be just rubbish ect?

Only if you're a lazy-azz driver that won't move yourself to look out....
Visibility complaints about the modern day STRONGER pillar issue is not new, i have the last model toyota camry and it is noticeably bigger, but if i move myself to see out, it's not an issue.

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
The pillars are larger and I Do move myself to look out always, but there are still blind spots. So I dont know where you get off saying only lazy-azz drivers would have issues. Do you drive a SSV?

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
The pillars are larger and I Do move myself to look out always, but there are still blind spots. So I dont know where you get off saying only lazy-azz drivers would have issues. Do you drive a SSV?

"Hey bro..don't taser me bro..."

It appears you took my earlier 'jovial' and 'general' post to heart and personal.
ALL cars have blindspots one way or another, my '03 camry wouldn't be far off you ss-V either....and for the record, i don't drive an ss-V, LOL.

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
What I meant was unless you drive 1 you wouldnt really know!

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
The 'rough idle' they say is quite ok feels like the car is going to stall. It's not all the time, but when it does it I'm sure its not right!

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
The 'rough idle' they say is quite ok feels like the car is going to stall. It's not all the time, but when it does it I'm sure its not right!
Quesiton, if your totally not happy with a new car right, and you've been back and forwards with it, can you request a replacement car because you've simply had enough?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Visibility complaints about the modern day STRONGER pillar issue is not new, i have the last model toyota camry and it is noticeably bigger, but if i move myself to see out, it's not an issue.

Couldn't agree more. Bout time someone said it like it is. ANY blind spot in ANY car can be overcome...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

The problem is economics. The VE has curtain airbags but doesn't have the technology to hide it in the pillar (like the merc's, BMW's do) and thus the pillars are huge.

Reaper

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
Whoa, sounds like bad luck, hope you get it sorted.
My SSV has been fine with no such issues, although the carpet under the accelerator is somehow being pulled down, no not from me flooring it, but i will get Holden to fix it next service. No issues with pillar, I think you get use to it. Rear spoiler is quite large and i think that is harder to get use to.