Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
I have requested Holden to replace my car due to all the stuffin round, but the new car warranty covers them for all of this sorta stuff. Good cop out - dont you think!
I agree you do get used to the larger pillars and the spoiler.

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Driven a new Merc or BMW?

My Aunty's brand new Merc is on order - arrives January. When we test drove it, was about the same as the VE.

I wish people would quit bagging the VE! Even worse when it's people that own one!

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
Im also not happy with my SV6,,,,i have had it now for 2 months and it has been back to the dealer time and time again,its prob done as many k`s to and from the dealer to fix things as i have had trying to enjoy it. I am sick of it,in 3 words....POS.Its not a poorly built car,,,there is just no quality control. Im in the process of trading the carnt of a thing for a BF XRT as soon as i agree on the change over price

Glenn

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
I understand fully the frustration you must feel towards the situ with your SV6. Same with my SSV, I keep asking them 'what about quality control?' how did my car which I had to wait 10 weeks for after I ordered it get through quality control - they cannot answer that. They cannot explain why there were so many things which seem like they just weren't finished properly. No answers from Holden. They dont mind taking the money - but as for customer care - what customer care? Here is 1 pretty pi**ed off customer & you sound just as impressed. Good luck

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
I have no 'good' response for your hassles, I guess lucky it was not me, but I would have to say that it's the best car 'I've' ever had!
It is responsive, fast, looks good and has many features that luxury cars have without the cost. I'm sure my opinion would be different had I had the issues you wrote about but I haven't and although I accept there will always be defects, the best quality system even at 99.9% perfect will still find that small 0.1% bad..... unfortunately yours might have made up part of that percentage.
I still love my car!

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Driven a new Merc or BMW?

My Aunty's brand new Merc is on order - arrives January. When we test drove it, was about the same as the VE.

I wish people would quit bagging the VE! Even worse when it's people that own one!

mate no one is going out of there way to bag out the ve full stop! but like all models of cars usually the first model of any car is going to have issues! also the car would not be getting complaints if there werent problems with it! you might not have any problems with your car and thats great, but dont pipe up when other people are having probs with their ve:bang: and want to chat to others about it:thumbsup:

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
The deal is done:bang:
The VZ SVZ and the VE SV6 are the first Holen vehicles that i have ever owned.I traded an XR6T ute on the SVZ and are over the moon with the car,,,,yes it doesnt go like the XR,but other than that i think the whole package is alot better and being the last of its breed, all the bugs ironed out. The VE came about after trading a BA F/Ghia ( How could i go wrong after the SVZ) Today i did the deal and are getting a BF XR6T for the mrs to replace the VE:rip: you rotten pos.2 months of motoring with VE has cost me near on 10g and a taste of **** in my mouth to boot. Maybe i got a bad one and given time the reoccuring faults and shoddy work could have been fixed, but i dislike the car that much that it had to go.Im not a fussy guy and dont expect everything i buy to be 100% but i do expect it to be close given the purchase price.

If you come across a Phantom VE SV6 at a dealer in WA,check the paint/body/electrics very closely b4 handing over the bucks

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Dad's VE Berlina never had any faults, I guess its just based on luck. Not every car rolls out of the factory are the same. Amongst them are lemons.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Well some people must just be plain unlucky! Only problem I've had with my VE related to the battery recall and this was sorted with no dramas! By far the best car I have ever owned... There's this thing called warranty for any faults. If it happens again, go straight to the Department of Consumer Affairs. Holden post sales service is sh*t!!! And when you start getting the legal wheels in motion it's surprising how quickly they come to the party.

I had a VT with brake shudder (VE is the first Commodore sice the VB that doesn't have it) and it was under warranty. Fixed by the dealer the first time I complained about it. When I took my VX in with the same problem, they claimed "normal wear" and the usual BS Holden dealers dish out. One call the the Dept. Consumer Affairs and the next day my dealers rang me!

I know people will want to flame me for this but if people choose to live with faults that continue to occur when they're covered by warranty they have nobody to blame but themselves!