Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Yes.. the Mercedes may drive and feel similar to the VE, but what about the after sale service? What about the quality control? What about the product overall quality?

Remember, no matter what you buy, you get what you pay for!

As for the problems, cars have them. New vehicles are always difficult to get body and interior parts for so if there are defects (which can happen for numerous reasons) it usually takes time to source the replacement part. I've worked in the parts department of a new car dealership and I've seen how frustrated people get.

I've also seen how one car can appear to have all the problems, but so many others never have any issue like it... (the dealership also sold Kia's....)

EDIT: I've dealt with dodgey dealers, but my parent's haven't had an issue with warranty on their VY Berlina... of course that IS a lease vehicle, and if they choose not to buy out at the end it's likely their local dealer (which is one of them that haven't helped me much at all with my VT) will get the opportunity to on-sell the car. I guess if you look below any "good" service you get today there's always a financial motive. It's sad you have to practically threaten to remove their income to get any service.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
seeing how they build the Holdens after being thru the plant i know that SS and Calais orders get better checked then any other because they are worth more to the owners and at most times the owners are more pickier. but for an SSV to have problems with its carpet it must have been end of roll or they just had an idiot fitting the carpets not to notice the underlay missing. I love holdens and would buy them time and time again even if there are problems.

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Thats what I keep asking them, how could this beautiful car have got through quality control with all the faults it had! They cant explain.
Had it back to another dealership yeasterday about it running sooo rough. Same old- say theres nothing wrong with it and it when plays up they want me to call roadside assistance to show them what I mean!

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Unfortunatley most dealers will make up stories so they can avoid dealing with finding problems. I remember years ago when my parents bought an EB falcon with only 15,000k's on it. Had a bad pull to the left. Took it back to the dealers and were told it was a Ford safety feature. So when you fell asleep at the wheel it would drift off to the left and out of the way of oncoming traffic. Idiots!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
The problem is economics. The VE has curtain airbags but doesn't have the technology to hide it in the pillar (like the merc's, BMW's do) and thus the pillars are huge.

Reaper

Not quite true. The airbags have very little to do with the pillar. The airbags hang from the roof and the cannisters which inflate are hidden behind the pillars near the rear window. The tab on the pillar says airbag so emergency personnel know it has a curtain. (if not deployed).

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Not quite true. The airbags have very little to do with the pillar. The airbags hang from the roof and the cannisters which inflate are hidden behind the pillars near the rear window. The tab on the pillar says airbag so emergency personnel know it has a curtain. (if not deployed).

Hmmm.... Airbags was the explanation I heard from Paul (?) Gover (Herald Sun).

Cheers,
Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
lol - believing Journolists now?

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I have seen them after they have been activated and also when the car has had the interior stripped so can tell you that my 2 eyes are telling me that that pillar has no direct affect on the curtain airbag..

Below is a link to the crash test from the dummys perspective (skip past the advert), as you can see the airbag doesn't come close to being involved with the pillar...

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=20915