Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by mossiek, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Holden replaced my console yesterday, which is good. They checked out the ABS and say its okay and its okay if sometimes the warning lights come up on the dash random for no reason! They dont want to replace my seats, but did agree the leather is dodgy and say sometimes that happens with leather - goes hard and out of shape! I'm not going to give up on the seats until they replace them cos they are really uncomfortable and look bad! They are replacing the plastic covers on the back floor where the seat adjustment tracks are as they havent been on properly since they replaced the carpet. They are replacing the rubbers in the front end, as my car clunks when turning corners and stopping. Unfortuantly it continues........!!!!!!! :cry:

2. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    Last model Camry?? you then quote you have an "03" model... firstly this is a holden forum and secondly 03 wasn't the last year the camry came out... leave the poor bloke alone!

3. nikolas

nikolas DK

Members Ride:
    Turismo VZ SV6
    Go drive your car thru the front f**king window of holden. If i got stuffed around that much i'd probably try get the car written off. Make a list of your visits and what has been done and go crack it and refuse to leave until a decent solution has been reached.

4. welly01

welly01 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    if i were you i would waltz into the dealership and tell them you have listed all the problems that they have failed to deal with to a satisfactory level, and you are going to write them all down on the biggest farkn board you can find and sit right outside thier dealership if all your problems arent sorted out within one week.. i know a guy that had a similar issue with his ute that done exactly that!.. after the second day they done everything he asked them to do ( which even meant taking parts off another new car ) just to get him away from the dealership.
    maybe you could post some pics of the seats an anything else you dont think is right so we could have a bit of a look.

i have the ssv also but really havent had much of a problem except for occasionally when the car is at idle i can hear a bit of a wierd noise from the lower dash area.. it sounds almost like in the old cars when you changed the position of the airflow valves for the aircon /blowers .. but i only seem to hear it when all that is switched off .. strange ... anyone else heard it ?

oh an sometimes when reversing out of driveway and turning into the road
    i sometime hear a little kind of "klunk" just as i apply the brakes !.. only sometimes though ?? .. thats about it with mine.

someone mentioned the bumper paintwork not matching and i would hazard a guess that it was damaged before delivery and has possibly had a workshop respray.. you will be amazed at how much damage these cars can get pre delivery and the dealership just try and cover it up .. normally in a bit of a rush which is why you get the mismatch .. ive seen 2 ssv sitting next to each other on a forecourt .. both same colour .. both brand new and one of the bumpers you could tell had been resprayed ..it wasnt even close to the same finish as the rest of the car or the one next to it.. on top of that i have seen the way some of these salesmen treat these cars at times .. but thats another story !!!!!

5. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Nikolas, mmm, have thought about that many a times! Dealerships do my head in. They carry on like they are doing me big favours and they are doing ****. Nobody from Holden anywhere will acknowledge that my car was never up to what it should have been, which is so frustrating! :bang:
    Welly01, Im going to list all visits and repairs!! and send them to Holden with the customer satisfaction survey and another copy to head office - even though I have tried to speak with head office and they redirect me to customer service - surprise surprise. I will post some pics of the things I think they should address very soon. :bang:

6. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    And Welly01 I would get those 'clunks' checked out, thats how mine started and got progressively worse. ;)

7. Bravotwozero

Bravotwozero New Member

Members Ride:
    MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
    The only problem with the VE is the fact Holden kept blurting out crap like the VE was good enough to take on the Euros. And buyers believed it. When in reality the quality of the components used or the fit & finish isn't any better than previous Commodores. If you've got a VY/VZ I really don't see the point in upgrading. It is just the same **** redesigned.

8. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    :rofl: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Yeah right. The VE is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT car. Even my Mum knows that!

Thanks for the laugh though...

9. Bravotwozero

Bravotwozero New Member

Members Ride:
    It it? In what way? We're not talking about performance in any way so don't crap on about superior handling or what not because it isn't relevant to my statement. I'm referring to build quality which is no better in the VE than it is in in a VY/VZ. Same **** components screwed together by the same morons at Holden. They just look different.

10. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Very different in construction actually. I've had 2 of the VE's and both are a mile infront of my VYII and any other Commodore previous.

Reaper

11. Bravotwozero

Bravotwozero New Member

Members Ride:
    Different construction doesn't mean better quality. Components are still cheap **** and fit & finish is no better.

12. RayLamp

RayLamp Gone Fishin'...

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
    Um, I had a VY and now a VE. Yes the upgrade is worth it, because it isn't the same car. It does handle a lot better, it looks better and a lot of thought has gone into small things which improve the car.

So as far as performance goes, yes it takes on the euros. as far as handling does, yes it takes on the euros. As far as looks go, in my opinion it takes on the euros. it mightnt be quite up to euro quality, but neither is the price. 54k will get you a VE SS-V, 53k might get you a 3 door 4 cylinder bare as bones audi...

13. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    Fit and finish is streets ahead of the outgoing VT-Z model... You clearly haven't spent much time in the high end VEs.

An Omega/Berlina/SV6/SS are NEVER going to have as good a finish. They're budget models.

14. Scooter79

Scooter79 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VSII Calais supercharged
    Mate at work has a VE Calais. The interior doesn't feel worthy of the calais badge. Compare it to the VY/VZ which actually does feel like a calais.

15. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    VY/VZ Calais = VE Calais V

16. TehFastyOne

TehFastyOne New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS V Utility
    I have a friend with a VZ SSZ Ute who is totally happy with his car, never had any problems with it whilst at the same time my Mum's friend had bought a VZ Berlina and it's a f'king lemon. A lot of build quality issues.

That's just a prime example of 'luck of the draw' when it comes to build quality. You'll always get differences. Not every vehicle that rolls off the factory floor will be 100% carbon copy to the next equivilent vehicle being built. I've had it with motorcycles too, especially track bikes. Although I have noticed the build quality in a lot of motorcycles is a lot better compared to cars for obvious reasons.

Now I'm not saying put up and shut up, it sucks but it really is a luck game when you buy a vehicle. That's why you should check everything before buying so you can minimise as many problems that might crop up. Examples like check doors for seal wear, gently pull guards and parts of the body to see if anything is loose, step back from the car and gauge the finish to see if it is all uniform. Unfortunately there will always be some problems that won't be detected when you do the usual test drive and inspection, even 2nd hand cars going through roadworthy inspections will get through the most shocking things like a time where an inspector gave a VS III ute a pass but it had its tie rod welded to the tie rod end by the previous owner... o_O seatbelts were given a pass too after they detected they were frayed but the fix was 10 minutes with a cigerette lighter :O I disputed the RWC and I refused to buy the vehicle in the end and I reported it to Vicroads so that mechanic would've got a black mark (They have a points system too.. something like 5 bad RWC's and you get into big trouble).

Going back to new and near new vehicles, after doing everything in your power to check the vehicle you're buying it's downright unbelievable when I hear people have so much trouble getting their cars fixed by dealers. I wish dealers would pick up their game and properly serve their customers when it comes to build quality issues. I'd be ****ed too if I bought a VE Clubsport and for that price it turned out to be a lemon! If a car like that had so many issues with it, I'd demand a new car outright. If the dealer won't do that, I'd take it up with a regulatory body that oversees consumer claims and disputes like the ombudsman or something. Car companies have been in hot water a few times when it comes to build quality issues. It's well known though that dealerships are only concerned with selling cars, that's their prime mission in life. Everything else comes secondary.

*sigh* we should just get an angry torch mob together and start crowding dealerships across the country during a lunch break...

I'll bring the barbie :D

17. peterj

peterj Member

Members Ride:
    VE Series 1 Berlina
    Took my calais in yesterday to get lowered, anyway wheels were off and they call me over saying they can't do a front alignment as the camber adjusting bolts are missing.

Sure enough the threads were rusty and no marks on the strut body to even hint they were there in the first place.

We managed to buy 2 new ones at $10 ea.

18. just new to VE UTE

just new to VE UTE New Member

Members Ride:
    2008 VE UTE
    yeah i agree, the pillars are larger than the previous(Magna) i drove, but if you get off you arse and look, instead of driving blind you have no problems.

Not all cars are alike, you modify/change how you drive a car to the conditions.

like hey lets all drive like mad idiots in the rain..........you adjust your driving???

19. Slick6

Slick6 New Member

Members Ride:
    Phantom SSV
    The camber adjustment bolts were deleted early 2007 production, so they wern't missing (as in the factory forgot to put them in).

On a seperate note, I have to say the fit and finish of my SSV is heaps better than my VTII and any of the VY's or VZ's I had from work..but, its not a euro car and shouldn't be compared to one..

Is the fit and finish better than the Ford, yes it is..You just need to get an FG and you will see what im talking about..

20. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    My New VE sh1t's all over my old VZ SS in every respect..... How does your toyota handle ?