Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by mossiek, Nov 6, 2007.

1. RayLamp

RayLamp Gone Fishin'...

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
    One example of better build quality - the glove box. My VY was crap, appalling fit and finish. And most of the VT's and above to VZ were the same. The VE is completely different, it closes properly and is much better overall.

Also, things like the doors and its pillars, the internal climate control panel etc. Much better.

2. Bravotwozero

Bravotwozero New Member

Members Ride:
    MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
    Like a Toyota! ;)

And you blokes can believe what you want. I'm of the opinion that the quality isn't any better than a VY/VZ. Thought about trading in my VY SS on an SSV but I don't think they're built any better. And the SSV will be slower.

3. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

seriously, have you had a decent look in a ve, have you even driven one yet?

4. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    Whats the latest mossiek ??

5. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Absolutely nothing! Still waiting on the dealership to get the parts in :whistling

6. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

there stuffing you around big time (dah), our dealership will have parts in overnight without fail as long as there not ordered real late, like after 3pm

7. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    They do my head in! I rang them to ask what is going on and they say they are still waiting on one of the parts. Complained they take so long to do anything on my car and why does it take them so long to get parts in, they just apologise and state they will get them in asap. I dont even wanna ring customer service as they are no help at all, if they were this wouldnt be happening, they just frustrate me more! :bang:

8. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    I had a problem with my new VE ( nothing like yours of course)
    There were some marks in the paint that needed attention.

I asked to speak to the DP of the dealership and told him if it wasn't fixed in a reasonable amount of time ( under 1 week ) i will contact fair trading and the MTA and camp out the front of the yard with a massive flashing message board a light tower a cool room ( for food and beer) and a porta-loo ( i work in the hire industry;)) and everyone around here will know about it !

So fix the problem or i want a new car !

Or you could always just drive it through the showroom at about 80kph and everyone will get new cars !

9. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    I received a call from the dealership stating they really need to sort out everything with my car?? They are concerned I havent been looked after and now want to rectify all issues asap. So as it stands, I have an appointment on Thursday for the front end rubbers and interior covers and they will order me new seats then as well and have another look at the motor (miss) Gotta say I am quite happy with this! Wonder why the change in attitude. Have to wonder if it had anything to do with the customer survey I completed not long ago, stating my dissatisfaction with Holden. Anyway whatever the reason 'bout time! :D

10. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    Finally some good news on your car :w00t:

Let us know how you go !!

11. Scooter79

Scooter79 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VSII Calais supercharged
    Maybe a representative from Holden is on this forum? :whistling

12. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    i need to do this in my vx, would much rather lean over a bit to see than hit someone/something lol

13. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Havent been on for a while, thought I'd give you an update!
    Holden had my car for 7 days the week before last, with the promise of not returning it until everything I wasn't happy with was rectified. They finally repaired another part they had broken on my console when replacing it last time! They fitted a suspension kit and another kit underneath to stop the clunking. They had it for the week as they kept having to order more parts as they weren't sure where the clunks were coming from! Oh and there are still clunks when I turn the corner, but maybe not as often as there was! Still they dont acknowledge the miss in the motor, said they put it on all the diagnostics and everything is as it should be. The dealership said they would replace my front seats and now they are saying Holden will not authorise it and therefore they would have to pay for the seats so they can not replace them. So much for not returning it until everything's rectified. As for Holden, I returned the customer survey they sent me stating my unsatisfaction with the car and the service - that was another waste of time! I received a letter from them stating they have tried to contact me on numerous occasions regarding the survey and that I am unreachable! Obviously havent called after 3.30, when I'm home from work! I returned their call, spoke with someone who took my details and said they would call back! True to form have not called back. What can I say...The bullshit continues....

14. Johnsy

Johnsy ★★★★★

Members Ride:
    VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
    that's no good mate.... you must have some patience because like i said before
    i would have driven it through the showroom by now and got a new one....

15. michael.meli

michael.meli New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    I took my ssv to holden today to have the diff looked at under warranty and the wanker behind the counter tried to tell me that its normal to have 1/4 turn of the tailshaft play. When i disagreed he then got a bit nasty asking how long id been a mechinic, it goes in tomorrow to have paint spots looked at by the warranty asessor so ill see what hes got to say but i can see ill have problems

16. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    You sure it's 1/4 turn of play??? Several teeth would have to be missing off the pinion for that to be true. Is it whining?

Reaper

17. michael.meli

michael.meli New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    maybe not quite a 1/4 but its deffinitly screwed, its atleast 2 or 3cm with a slight wine that can only be heard from outside the car. i was told they wont touch it under warranty coz all the diffs previously replaced under warranty have been damaged due to aggresive driving not design or manufacture, they told me they can quite clearly see that i havent flogged it due to no rubber under the guards or car and tyre wear matches the front but as ive only had the car about a month the previous owners damage is now my responsabilty, they are going to fix a few paint spots but no diff

18. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    If the previous owner flogged the crap out of it then you are in a bit of a bad situation. How many diffs has it had?

Reaper

19. michael.meli

michael.meli New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    its still the original diff, when i say all the diffs previously replaced i mean nation wide, im gunna have to go back to where i bought it and let them sort it out between them and holden. we knew of it but expected holden to fix it