Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
But oranges taste better than apples.:D:D

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
The only problem with calling roadside assistance- is being in country victoria-the RACV around here are the same mechanics from the Holden dealership- gotta suck! Anyway I've decided all the whingin and bitchin is getting me no where- just stressing me right out. Now I'm not going to worry unless something major happens (even though I feel all my hassles have been major for a new car) I've got 2.5 years of new car warranty left. I'm just gonna enjoy my beautiful car like I should and if anything does go majorly wrong they'd wanna look out! Enjoy your VESS- they are beautiful cars!

Jaydub

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6 / Toyota Kluger Grande
Been keeping an eye on this thread.
Though it was somewhat hijacked about bmw's and apples and oranges. :whistling

Bummer that you've had a half negative experience with ya new beast.
Feel for ya mate

All i can say is...that even given your run.
Coming from a guy thats only owned HQ's and 2nd hand VR's

VE SS's or SSV's... got my vote

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
What's the latest mossiek? How's the car going now?

I'm looking at buying an SSV later this year and I'm interested to know...

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
I've had my VESSV for 4 months. It has been back to the original dealer
and another dealer 4 times with different issues. The glove box didnt close properly - they repaired that. The door trim on the drivers door wasnt clipped on properly - they repaired that by sitting in the drivers seat & banging it on! There wasnt any underlay under the carpet in the back - they said they repaired that. Went to another dealer as i didnt think it was repaired, now they have to replace all carpet 'cos the underlay wasnt fused to carpet (not impressed as they will have to take seats out etc.). Miss in the motor - said there wasnt, but when I went to leave dealership it was running sooo rough I called them over to sit in it - they say they will deal with that when I take it in for carpet. That was a few weeks ago, still waiting for them to call. Also the bootlid is not aligned correct as the spaces on each side are different widths. I have been talking with customer service since purchase, who ensure me they will sort it out! Very frustrating! Has anyone had any troubles with any of this?

Mate I have some of the same problems with my VE Clubby... here they are:

my glove box don't close properly,
my little compartment lid under my aircon controls dont open properly,
there was a dent on my roof wen i picked my car up,
there was an oil leak coming from my gearbox wen i picked my car up,
my window washer bottle had a hole in it and leaked all my water out,
my steering wheel clicks wen i turn right,
there is a glitch with my LCD screens in my speedo,
my ESP function has faulted on me,
my bonnet needs to be aligned,
my sunroof rubbers are coming off,
my front grill is not clipped in properly,
and who ever tinted my windows from factory did not put all the screws back in my front passenger door,
my passenger aircon vent sometimes rattles,

and this is all i can rememer at the moment... I love my car but this is absolutley ****ed considering i just spent a little over $73,000.00 on my brand new VE Clubsport R8!!!

I was very happy with buying my car but the service department has let me down so much its not funny... they have not been able to rectify my problems so now im writing straight to HSV about my issues... :(

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I was very happy with buying my car but the service department has let me down so much its not funny... they have not been able to rectify my problems so now im writing straight to HSV about my issues... :(

Join the club mate. My friend has a WL caprice and holden have the ****test service.
- A window switch cracked (in the corner you don't touch... it started as a hair line crack and got bigger), and they refused to replace it saying it was mis-reated... i said we don't even touch it that part of the switch and there must have been a fault with the manufacture of it... they didn't care, and they said they could send it to holden but it was cost $ to get it looked at (something ridiculous)... I was actually there with my friend (being a women she sorta gets pushed around by the dealers)... and i arked up about the switch, told them it was unacceptable and made a big issue in front of other customers... they then said if you wish come in on wednesday when holden are here and we can ask them if warranty will cover it (obviously that costs me nothing :D)... just goes to prove if you make a big enough fuss they will eventually co-operate...
- We asked them to fix the hand brake numerous times as it never held properly, and they never did...
- The drivers door has a rattle and it is quite obvious and they apparently never heard it... same old jargon 'we could not replicate the problem'.

My friend has since taken it to a local mechanic (as it is now out of warranty) who are great i must say... they charged $380 for a service and new rear brake pads and machined discs amongst other things... whereas holden charged about $500 for a standard service and they did **** all!

So all in all I must say holden have terrible customer service, i think it has been said many times on the forums... just be persistent and hassle them until they don't want to know you :thumbsup:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
my window washer bottle had a hole in it and leaked all my water out,
my steering wheel clicks wen i turn right,
there is a glitch with my LCD screens in my speedo,
my ESP function has faulted on me,

I know for a FACT that these issues are known and can be fixed under warranty. As for the dent in the roof, why did you drive away knowing it was there. I would've told em to shove it and demanded a NEW car. Wouldn't even accept the same one repaired.

I think most people that have problems and just whinge about it are silly. I have never had an issue with warranty. It's about knowing your rights, knowing how to get them to fix the issues.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
....all of which only supports my repeated statement that you should never be dazzled by a shiny new-model car and just rush out and buy one immediately to be the "first on the block", but you should always wait for the "Series 2" of any make or model of new car, especially one as completely new and complex as the VE is...

Look at the VX and it's rear wheel camber problems as a prime example...series 1, rear wheels which look like a 40 year old Volkswagen, Series 2, problem solved...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hmmm, all this talk is kinda turning me off an SSV.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my VY SS, I just wanted to upgrade for the sake of having a newer car. I am re-thinking about just keeping the VY.

I'm going to test drive an SSV this weekend. That's whats gonna make or break the deal for me. From previously just sitting in an SSV, I must say I was pretty underwhelmed by the feel and finish of the interior compared to my VY. It'd wanna drive a sh!tload better than the VY for me to now consider buying one.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Once you drive one, you will want one! I'd put money on it :thumbsup:

Remember ALL cars have problems and on an enthusiast website such as this one, it's going to seem like a lot more have problems than actually do. Thing is, most people who find these sites are looking for answers to do with problems or issues with their cars.

I have had two VEs now. The V6 Calais and the LS2 Clubsport. Both have been AWESOME cars. A couple of minor warranty issues for each, easily and quickly fixed by my dealer...