Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
As for the dent in the roof, why did you drive away knowing it was there. I would've told em to shove it and demanded a NEW car. Wouldn't even accept the same one repaired.

Farken oath! for $73k and it comes with a free dent, now that is complete and utter BULL****! these other issues, agreed are known and can be fixed under warranty, but no way in hell would I settle for a brand spankers with a dent! not to mention the oil leak, as CSP said tell em to shove it well and truly up their pie holes :bang:

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
I know for a FACT that these issues are known and can be fixed under warranty. As for the dent in the roof, why did you drive away knowing it was there. I would've told em to shove it and demanded a NEW car. Wouldn't even accept the same one repaired.

I think most people that have problems and just whinge about it are silly. I have never had an issue with warranty. It's about knowing your rights, knowing how to get them to fix the issues.

yea thats rite... I have had my window washer bottle fixed and the oil leak under warranty along with the lose grill but who ever done the grill did not do it properly and I need to get it done again :( there have been quite a few cars with the window washer bottle problem so far. as for the rest of it im still in the process of getting it sussed out and as for the dent they knew it was there and im getting that fixed under warranty soon as I got time to take it in for that :)

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Farken oath! for $73k and it comes with a free dent, now that is complete and utter BULL****! these other issues, agreed are known and can be fixed under warranty, but no way in hell would I settle for a brand spankers with a dent! not to mention the oil leak, as CSP said tell em to shove it well and truly up their pie holes :bang:
haha I agree luckyly the dent is very small and you can only see it if u get the light in the right angle it is very shallow and the paint is intact... but still its not the point! the dents there... I want it gone!! :)

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
What's the latest mossiek? How's the car going now?

I am still in contact with customer service...waiting for answers! There's still things that aren't right, hopefully these will be sorted. Will keep you posted how it's going. Supposed to hear from them tommorrow! we'll see. Even though, I love my SSV

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Well true to form, Holden have not contacted me about my concerns. I rang them late Wednesday arvo after waiting for their call and the State rep who is supposedly handling my case (have never spoke with her) had left work early and all other reps were busy on calls! They said they would call back as soon as someone was free. Like I said true to form - Haven't heard a word from them. Really ****ed off! S'pose I'll ring them again Monday :bang:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
That'd be right! Keep at em mate - they've gotta get back to you eventually.

I test drove a couple of SSV's on the weekend - one auto and one manual. The auto didn't feel like it went any better than my VY SS. If anything, it felt like it would have handled a bit better, though I didn't get to push it around corners or anything.

The manual was different story - what a beast! Granted it had sports exhaust, but it went really well. I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled for any problems with VE's over the next few months, but I think I know what I'll be getting come December! :driving:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled for any problems with VE's over the next few months, but I think I know what I'll be getting come December! :driving:

Ummmm.... They've been around since 2006 mate. I'd imagine all problems with the VE have been made public here and on the LS1 forums by now. Besides, less than 0.02 percent of VEs have had any problems whatsoever. Yes that's a real figure based on total sales vs customers that have had problems with their cars.

Surprising you thought the V8 auto wasn't anything special. Admitedly I haven't driven one, but I have heard from others than the new 6 speed auto is awesome. I know the ratios are different in the SSV than the HSV though. That could have something to do with it.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Besides, less than 0.02 percent of VEs have had any problems whatsoever. Yes that's a real figure based on total sales vs customers that have had problems with their cars.

What's your source for these stats?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be inclined to think that number was a bit biased then.

Still, even if it was 2-3 times more than that, it's still less than 1% which is not too bad I guess...