Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I agree it's likely to be biased coming from Holden. However I also know that on sites such as this, LS1 etc etc, problems are going to appear more common than they actually are.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Well true to form, Holden have not contacted me about my concerns. I rang them late Wednesday arvo after waiting for their call and the State rep who is supposedly handling my case (have never spoke with her)

Who was it?

I've had ongoing problems with my Senator. There was someone at holden by the name of Michelle Auckett in the customer care area who managed to get things moving. Ask for her.

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Well - good old Holden - absolute dropkicks - even the state rep from customer assistance seems a bit slow! Have taken my SSV back again to check out some warranty concerns. Now they're gonna replace the carpet again, repair the glovebox again, replace the steering wheel and front and rear seats! Also they will check out the miss in the motor again and when I took my car for its service - NOT at Holden - there's a slight oil leak from front of sump area, so they will look at that as well. So I'll be without it for 2 days again - when they can decide when they'll book it in - rang them 3 times on Thursday as they dont return calls and again on Friday for the same reason. Poor, poor, poor effort all round on their part. They can really do ya ****en head in!! Think I'll call customer assistance tommorrow and ask to speak with Michelle. Someones gotta have a brain! :bang:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Just hope that you weren't silly enough to fall for the 'dealer trap' of paying 'Dealer Delivery' fee/charge/impost when you bought your new car. If so basically what you have done is 'pre-paid' for any warranty work. Gee dealers love people who are silly enough to pay what they are 'asked'!!!

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Just hope that you weren't silly enough to fall for the 'dealer trap' of paying 'Dealer Delivery' fee/charge/impost when you bought your new car. If so basically what you have done is 'pre-paid' for any warranty work. Gee dealers love people who are silly enough to pay what they are 'asked'!!!

Not that silly! Got a really good deal, like I've stated previously they were very good to me while we were negotiating, just no service after they got my Money! :whistling

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Well what can I say!!!! Customer service said they had sorted it all out for me. Car went over 2 weeks ago and they told me I need new carpet, new front and rear seats, new steering wheel, glove box realigned again and to fix a part they broke on my console last time they replaced the carpet and to check motor miss and oil leak. They informed me they would need to have it 2 days to complete all work. Sooo... dropped it in yesterday morning, before work. Went to pick up courtesy car after work, but. They gave my car back, with a new steering wheel, nothing else done. Now I have to book it in again as they are sending it to motor trimmers for the carpet and seats??? And to do the other repairs. I was that ****ed off I just left. Today I am more rational and am about to call the dealership and customer care. We'll see what **** they come up with this time!! :bang:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
That's bull**** man, I wouldn't accept a re-trim from a motor trimmers. I'm sure they'd do a great job, but it would never quite be the same as original. I'd be demanding new factory seats and carpet!

Good luck with it ...

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Only issue was the clutch sensor. Took them a couple of tries to get it right but since then all ok. The Blue tooth is bit flaky and will get that checked at 15000ks service. Engine runs fairly smooth so long as I use premium. It backfires a bit on standard but doesn't miss. It is better than the GenIII I had before this one.

Agree on the visibility issue...nearly wiped out a guy on bike the other day coming from the right at the same speed as I was closing. Didn't see him till he passed the bonnet. At least I know the ESP works and I now get plenty of exercise moving my head. Lost count the number of times there has been someone beside me on the freeway hidden behind the B pillar so now I just assume someone is there until I double check.

Averaging 14.5 L/100 over last 2000ks driving to and from city and the odd freeway sprint so they even got that right.

Still the best holden I have ever had and this is number 8.