Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Rear Aux Display

bluetedd

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Manual
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere (please let me know). Anyway I've recently installed a 3.5mm TRS connector (and USB charging port) into my center console from my stock head unit in my S1 VE SSV. In a nutshell when I get below a certain speed (a couple of kmph) the screen goes black when the "Rear Aux" is selected. I assume this is because it would be expecting a video input if it had the DVD installed option. My main objective it to stop the screen from going black and to have "Read Aux" remain on the screen all the time. I contacted JHP regarding their Video In Motion product and never received a response. However in the back of my mind I believe that product would be the oppose of what I would want. Does anyone know if the speed trigger is simply a 12v signal in the head unit loom that is activated when the car is in motion or if it's a head unit firmware feature?

I hope this all makes sense. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
John.