Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV S2 clutch issue!

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Hi guys, I think im having a problem with my new car... The clutch position has changed (bitting point) from close to depression too nearly up the top. I've only owned the car since July and have owned many manuals before. I'm also hearing a rattle kinda noise when releasing clutch like something is lose and about to fall off! Today I tried to start car (clutch down ignition - start) but nothing, then tried again and it started but then I got clutch smell but stationary?!
The car is under warranty. Is this covered by Holden, clutch issue or something else?

Here's a clip of what i'm hearing Holden SSV Redlne Ute Manual. Clutch interior 02 - YouTube

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
That is most certainly an issue for sure, sounds not to good at all, something has let go there for sure.

Providing there has been no abuse while driving, and i am not saying that you have abused it in any way, Holden would for certain cover this type of failure under your warranty.

There is some top guys on here with good experience, so i am sure someone will pop along and give you more info mate.

I am not certain what it is, so i won't guess.

Cheers.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Take it back asap mate can`t help with questain but it don`t sound good.
Good luck.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Ok thanks for your responses guys... I will phone them tomorrow and let you guys know of the outcome. I just wish that there won't be any problems with Holden!!!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can`t see why with a noise like that.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Well I spoke to them and told me drive it in and leave it with them for two weeks so they can diagnose the problem! Fair enough but why so damn long, does it normally take that long? Not dropped it in yet as I have to figure out what im going to use to travel to work!!! For two weeks! They did not offer any loan car or anything even though its a brand new car... What can I do guys, any ideas??? Is it right that you lose your car to them and have to worry about transport to work like its my fault?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
2 weeks?!? What the?

Either a) they already know what it is and it will take 2 weeks for parts to arrive or B) they are being jerks. Takes under 6 hours to drop a box, replace the clutch and flywheel and put it all back together.

Ask them about a loaner car. Also read your warranty paperwork in regards to this.

Hood luck.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes ask for a car.
Don`t ask don`t get I`ve always said they can only say no.
Push the point you have to get to work.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
definitely push for a loan car, if they are a good business they will give you one as soon as you ask, good luck with it all mate.