Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV SPORTSWAGON

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Made a deal with the wife last night. Got permission for once I have organised our finances (cleared a personal loan) I can spend 7k on mods if she gets to buy a new couch and rug. I agreed to that straight away!

Hopefully get it all done in the next couple months. Looking at lowering, rims, brembos, otr cai, tune, and tint.

I have a question for anyone out with a ve v8 (especially wagon) have you deleted the centre muffler? I want my exhaust to be a bit louder without increasing the drone. Will deleting the centre muffler achieve what I am after?

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
i have a v6 wagon which i know is a different ball park but i have center muffler delete but replaced with hot dogs to reduce the drone but still increase the sound. Not an abba fan is your man to talk to for exhaust advice but hopefully that gives you some insight :) also maybe try searching the forums i'm sure there's some threads for it

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Not a lot to report. Finances for the car have been put on hold for this year unfortunately.

Still going to lower it, should be sitting on superlows with monroe shocks in the next week or two.

Then will most likely be getting 'marriage savers' to replace the rear mufflers. Get some more noise and reduce the drone at the same time.

Next year will be otr + tune.

Also planning to wrap the car in morpheus purple next year! Only know of one other wagon in the purple and currently there is only one purple VE for sale in SA so would be more rare/unique.

Anyway here is a couple pics from when it got cleaned earlier in the week.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Just commodores being a pain in the ass and not letting me upload photos at the moment! (Only 1mb in size but claiming that it's too big to upload). Will try again later.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just commodores being a pain in the ass and not letting me upload photos at the moment! (Only 1mb in size but claiming that it's too big to upload). Will try again later.

Have you tried a third party hosting site like Imgur. Works well for me.

Just don't use photobucket.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I resize first them post AV.65kb
As posted Imgur.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
CUGggfc.jpg

3j38CoD.jpg

N7fn0Ku.jpg

Last edited:

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Thanks for the advice guys, using imgur now. Have to play around with it photos are a bit big but will do for now.

Got my custom plates the other week. Very happy with them.

Just purchased marriage savers rear mufflers. Looking forward to a louder sound and no drone. Will post videos once they are here.

Hoping to have it lowered on superlows within the fortnight.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Last edited: