Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Spotties

SWEETSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Righto, First of all I must say I'm now a proud owner of a SSV after being a Ford fan all my life.
I have ordered some NARVA Compact 80 driving lamps. I do alot of driving out to Moranbah from Mackay and need some ROO detecting devices. I plan to mount these on the lower grille area under the number plate. Has anyone one else installed any driving lights on their SS's ?

Attachments

• SSV2.JPG
    SSV2.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 2,238

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Very sharp-looking SS, mate.

I don't really see any problem mounting them there. Only other thing I'd look at is maybe replacing the (useless) factory fog lights with maybe the Compac 70 driving lights (round ones) - would need to modify the stock brackets but I'd think it was do-able. Not sure of the dimensions of the stockies, but you could just remove that whole assembly and surround the Compac 70s with normal black mesh to fill the gap - just a thought.

SWEETSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Sounds like a great idea TinSnips. I spose the only problem with the lower grille might vibration and it could bounce abit.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Another option is to replace all your lights (fog lights included) with a set of quality HIDs. These are WAY better than stock light output.

SWEETSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I would luv to go HID but I have seen on other forums the possibility of insurance issues. But hey if we all followed the rules it would be pretty f'in boring.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Fog lights are deliberately set low to maximise their effect when operating in fog, dust, smoke etc and reduce 'bounce back' of light (reflected off fog etc). Driving lights should be set higher - on the roof is best but illegal for road use. Try a light bar that bolts on behind the front numer plate. There is a steel bar running across the front (beneath plastic) and makes a great and stable mounting point. Don't forget to wire the liughts through a relay and have them turn on ONLY with high beam and turn off when lights switched to low beam. Any different switching arrangements are illegal.

SWEETSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I'll get my lights later this week. I'll try and mount them upside down (which is the right side up for the compact 80's. mounting bracket to the top) and drill and tap into the metal bar for solid support. When I'm finished I'll post some picks.

Compac/Compac HID - Products - Narva

SWEETSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Lights finally arrived. Installed up under the number plate. The mount is stable with no wobble. Tested lights last night and they work a treat.

sweetssv-albums-karma-ssv-picture109028-ssvlights.JPG

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
judging by the lense they are only a spot beam? :hmmm:

How's the on-road performance over std highbeam? Got any pics?

great install btw

Last edited: