Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Tuning

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi everyone,

What are some quick, cheap and easy mods I can do to a VE SSV to get some more power?
How much am I looking at for these mods?

Thanks.

wild13bt

Reaction score
Members Ride
s4 rx7
Full exhaust and cold air intake, mafless tune. expect to pay around 5g

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
I'd love some more info on this too.

Can anyone recommend some good but affordable brands & installers for these mods in the South Eastern suburbs?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I'd love some more info on this too.

Can anyone recommend some good but affordable brands & installers for these mods in the South Eastern suburbs?

Go see Gary at Chev's Performance Centre in Carrum Downs. One of the best tuners in Melb and has produced some amazing VE's. Give him a call and you'll see for yourself.

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
Go see Gary at Chev's Performance Centre in Carrum Downs. One of the best tuners in Melb and has produced some amazing VE's. Give him a call and you'll see for yourself.

Will do. (sorry about the delayed reply). Was just wondering if anyone knows of any issues (if at all) with exhaust systems on the AFM (Active Fuel Management) model's such as mine?

I've heard rumours of pretty sh#tty sounds?

milhouse

Project Beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7L
I have a 2012 Ve ss auto that has afm. Even though you may have this ill still answer best I can. The afm exhaust is slightly different to the standard non afm exhaust. At the back just before the rear mufflers are 2 flex section. 1 on either side. This is designed for when the vehicle goes into 4 cyl mode helps to eliminate rattle in the exhaust. Also the rear mufflers are different to accommodate drone. I bought an aftermarket ultrex performance 3in catback system that has slight drone but I can tolerate it. Hope this has helped.

Nik

Sam83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 HSV clubsport
Hi I've a clubsport 2006 ve I've been having trouble with my stability control system come on and it reduces my power drastically I was told I need to do the wheel bearings on rear end and the sensors does that sound like this is the problem can anyone please help me I'm a lil lost if that's correct and if so could someone help me with prices
Thankyou

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi I've a clubsport 2006 ve I've been having trouble with my stability control system come on and it reduces my power drastically I was told I need to do the wheel bearings on rear end and the sensors does that sound like this is the problem can anyone please help me I'm a lil lost if that's correct and if so could someone help me with prices
Thankyou
Can't help with prices, but check the wiring harness to the rear ABS sensors. Broken wires was a known problem.