Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv ute running rough, misfire flat spots

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
yeah must be the same thing then...

mmmmm then im not sure LOL

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
As the OP said this is an L77 flex-fuel car so the stock pump should be fine, from memory they even have an E85 badge on the back from factory, so they'd have a higher flow pump than older models. Also if it was the fuel pump I doubt it would only have problems at idle, when there is the least load on the pump.

I have a similar issue with my L98, it shakes at idle and has a slight miss, only when hot, mine is stock apart from the exhaust and K&N filter at the moment. Lots of varied opinions as to what it could be. Some say coils, some say leads (connections seem fine), some say plugs (car has only done 40,000 so I doubt it), and one suggested oil from the K&N may have gotten onto the MAF sensor, which does kind of make sense, but surely it would clear itself away by now (problem has been occurring for over 6 months), and surely it wouldn't be intermittent.

Anyway will be watching this thread with interest!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
OP you should run copper plugs and change with oil. Cost bugger all, more power, better idle. NGK TR6.

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute 6.0 M6
OP you should run copper plugs and change with oil. Cost bugger all, more power, better idle. NGK TR6.

You swear by that? Of the subject here, what oil you running? In thinking of Amsoil

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah, nobody with mods in the US uses the Iridiums, thought for a couple of bucks each why not try the cool copper everyone raves about. Then BOOM! Silky idle, revs hard (past) redline and runs cooler. So good yes.
I use racing oil, not because ima poseur but because she's lost 'er chastity and she loves it, :yarr:
Been majestically pleased with the luxury of Royal Purple but changed to Penrite 10 Tenths - 2300ppm zinc after reading a bit about ZDDP, no shear, starts quiet, runs less than 100° oil temps in sunny QLD, across the Hay Plain, out past Cobar / Broken Hill, and the hottest place on earth last week - Barossa Valley - where I work the vintage.
6a3e4y3y.jpg

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does your car have massive rims on it? I'm in the Adelaide region?

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
How easy were the rear brakes and what are they off cost ect? What dba disc did you use or not?