Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV UTE strange noise

Westy75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv sandman ute
Stange nose under acceleraton/load then it gos away until you boot it again only a lasts a second or two sounds like when you hold power steering on fulllock.
I've replaced power pump all pulleys belts its got new time Chain and slack adjuster wich got done with dod delete and cam and the noise was there before that next job water pump/aultanater if I can't find the where its coming from

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
you hold the steering hard over to stops when turning, power steering will make alot louder noise when you do this

Westy75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv sandman ute
Its just like the sound when you go to full lock and let go straight away when parked but its not the power steering . Mechanic said that it was but I replaced the pump still there first noticed it when eccelerating out of roundabouts now will do it every time you boot it for a second its there

Westy75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv sandman ute
And sometimes I have to close off the vortex's to here it its like the first bit of torque brings it on then its gone

Westy75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv sandman ute
Why would it be in my rack as there's no noise coming from turning the wheels coming from eccelerating in a straight line