Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Statesman Startup problem

kushari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Statesman
Thanks vicarious, I think it was the bcm, the fuse was not blown, but I changed it for a spare, and it hasn't caused the clicking start yet and the cruise control and traction control buttons are working! I'm crossing my fingers, what do you guys think the problem with the fuse is if it's not blown but not acting correctly.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
sounds like it could have a problem with the statremotor or the contacts in the solinoid. an auto elec could check these

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
The clicking noise may be a battery problem, as there is a common issue with batteries in early VE's. Whilst your Dad purchased a new one, it may be experiencing the grounding issue my Calais did.

In short, somewhere along the line it's not grounded and as a result the battery loses charge over a matter of 3 to 4 hours because its draining away or powering standby systems. This causes loss of all electrical systems, and sometimes sporadic system function (ignition on with error messages and traction, etc etc, but no ignition firing, just clicking).

That would be a starting point I imagine, other people have made logical assumptions also. To be sure it will need to see a mechanic :)