Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve stock horn factory immobiliser/alarm

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My car is a 2007 ve ssv 6 litre man.
I have the problem of the alarm horn alarm going off at random times for no apparent reason. When it goes off if I unlock the car and lock it again it doesnt do it again until the next time usually one or two nights later.
It does it at different times of the day and parked at different locations.
Last time It went off while I was away so it went totally through its cycle and when I unlocked the car the horn beeped 3 times.
I checked the dash for any signs of where the alarm was triggered and it doesnt show anything.
Ive read through all the posts on this forum about it but havent found anything that seems to apply to my problem.
Any ideas?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I remember like 10 years ago when you helped me with wiring for VR intermittent wipers on my VP.

If I could help you with this, I would.
I’m at a loss as what is going on.

I can maybe bump some of the wiring diagrams to you?

This guy is a legend, and if some knows, jump in.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
If it was happening when driving i would suspect the bonnet latch security sensor, but because it's when it's sitting it'd more than likely be a module in my unprofessional opinion. BCM perhaps? (stealership answer)

Unless the door sensors are getting triggered, any chance your drivers door is fairly sagged? Maybe tripping it.

Supposedly it can happen because the key fob (red button) has been replaced/worn/tampered with, but because you said you were nowhere near the car when it happened i doubt it was that. Unless your second key is doing it? A good way to test is taking the battery out of the keys OR wrapping them in alfoil and see if they're sending bad signals to the car.

Dirty battery terminals can also be a culprit too. Maybe the battery is losing connection intermittently and that will cause the alarm to go off. So it'd probably be worth while to check that.

May also be that the car's battery is on the way out. VE are known for doing strange things when they have low voltage.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Thanks for the kind words...the car doesn't do it very often and Im interested in any wiring diagrams you could give me...battery seems fine and effortlessly starts..... the car key fob is out of range for when it triggers as none of the other buttons work so I cant blame that. Don't know how the doors switches work in the circuit for it but I would like any info on the wiring anyone can give me.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Thanks for the kind words...the car doesn't do it very often and Im interested in any wiring diagrams you could give me...battery seems fine and effortlessly starts..... the car key fob is out of range for when it triggers as none of the other buttons work so I cant blame that. Don't know how the doors switches work in the circuit for it but I would like any info on the wiring anyone can give me.

This may help, haven't opened it myself though:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-wiring-diagram.237826/#post-2681725