Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE stripped interior ! Who wants to see pics :)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Aaaaw shucks, thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Btw, be sure to let us know about the RCA outputs on the back of the factory head unit if/when you find out. Looks like KAL SPL is MIA!! ;)

From what i heard from a VE SS owner in the forum they dont have RCA's, also sux how the heater control and stereo are the one unit. Heres the post

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Sorry guys been busy fitting tranny to my Calais for burnout comp.

4 days of driving for 3 minute burnout . . .

Yeah the cables are the door lock and handle.
The black plug Im going to assume is for the DVD overhead factory fitted Calais screen.
I didnt go as far as removing plugs and deck but Im assuming what you see is all that olds it in , also the aerial plug in the other side of the deck.
When get someone willing to let me have free reign on 1 I will post more details ,this car was brand new undelivered from Holden dealer here , they have great trust in me and I know my cars so there is no risk to new car warranty.

I get paid to do this and make a good livig from it.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
From what i heard from a VE SS owner in the forum they dont have RCA's, also sux how the heater control and stereo are the one unit. Heres the post

Thanks for that mate! :thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Guys - just to elaborate on the speaker impedance thing....

Calais even from VY have had the "premium" sound system - the H/U looks the same, but has different power amp chips suitable for 2 ohm loads. (the standard system is designed for 4 ohm)

The tweeter also being 2 ohm doesn't add the impedances in series, the tweeters have an additional component which only allows high frequency energy to the tweeter itself, and is simply placed across the bass/mid speaker - ie, in parallel. The whole reason for going 2 ohm is that you can push more power into it at the same voltage, although it does cost just a little in speaker efficiency. (higher impedance speakers tend to be more efficient)

Hmmm - Davey - might have to organise a VE as a "guinea pig" for my line out mod..... ;) (in fact, I reckon it would be EASY - probably use the same setup, certainly the circuits themselves anyhow....)

Cheerz!

PS - Nice pics KAL - thanx! :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hmmm - Davey - might have to organise a VE as a "guinea pig" for my line out mod..... ;) (in fact, I reckon it would be EASY - probably use the same setup, certainly the circuits themselves anyhow....

Good idea mate. I'd say you'll be getting some VE customers soon.

I'll be coming to see you when I get mine! :thumbsup:

raedd2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE
Hi can anyone confirm if the cables are as marked on this pic?

Attachments

• 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 411

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Damn!! Wish someone would let me "guinea-pig" their VE!! ;)

raedd2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE
Im loading pics of todays efforts , fitted a car kit to a Calais and couldnt resist stripping every panel I could in the search for knowledge !

Hey KAL SPL,
Great pictures, I'm currently attempting to remove my front door panels, but after unscrewing the screws around the door (I think about 7 of them including the one hidden between the armrest) I was unable to get the door off? am I missing something or does it need a little gentle leaverage to get the panel all the way off?