Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sunglasses Holder

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
He guys,

My sunglasses holder has developed a rattle, anyone know how to get it down ? In my VZ it just a screw or 2 but i can't find any in the VE. Also i was in a taxi the other day and it had map lights, two buttons and then a long blank button in the blank spot anyone know what that button does ? Not to mention the black roof lining in an Omega . . . kitted out taxi !

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I've never done it before, but if it's anything like any other interior component in the VE, it's probably clipped in.

Rule of thumb for VE's: pull on it hard and it'll come off! ;)

Perhaps someone else will correct me if I'm wrong...

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Clipped in and hinged from the rear, get your fingers under the front of it and pull down.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
mine has a rattle in there some where as well but cant find it. i have pulled it apart and even pulled it out and it still rattled. if you open the sunny holder and look up at the front inside the sunny compartment you can see a screw hole but no screw, if i push up there the rattle goes away, im going to see if i can get the screw and screw clip to go in there. i havnt seen a commodore with the screw but have seen a pontiac workshop manuel and they have one.
to pull it out, just pull down from the front where the lights are, it is in there pretty tight and you will think its going to break but it will come out.
pull from the sides at the front as i pulled mine from the very front face and broke the front tabs of the clear light cover, cant tell its broken but i know it is.
hope this makes sence.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey glenn if you get this sorted post back, Im interested.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Cheers guys its annoying the crap out of me, one thing is for sure VEs are not put together as well as VZs mine had 300,000kms on and not one rattle. SS-V has 40,000kms on and it has a rattle, leather is pealing on the wheel and the parcel shelf rattles when you put the volume up even a little. I hat that everything is clipped together its not as good as good ol' screwing!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
^^^ Agreed. I'm yet to come across a commodore model where rattles aren't common. Interior panels and fascias being loose or falling off completely seems to be popular right through in my experience. Some cars are better than others but it's a common thing. I find far fewer interior parts come loose or fall off VEs than VT-VZ.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
OH really, my VZ was gooooood, the plastics were terrrible to touch but they stayed in place and didn't rattle. The VE on the other hand -__- everything is clipped together and you try to take it appart and bamb it breaks lol. But its sooooo much nicer to drive and is soooooo much more comfortable.