Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE supercar

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
:bow:
Will AVESCO penalise the new VE supercars like they did the VT when they first come out, the new VE is bound to be faster through corners etc thanks to the increased wheel base and wider wheel tracks which is effectively pushed the engine back creating a better front to rear balance in the car.

:bang:

fords gotta be sh*tting their panties about the new VE.

:bow: the new bodykits gonna be grouse too

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
more than likely...the ford camp will have a whinge like they normally do....the whole VT/X being more aerodynamic than the fords with the "parity" front spoiler. they made the holden boys cut there undertray back to lose some aerodynamicness *if thats a word LOL*

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
DeanoVX said:
more than likely...the ford camp will have a whinge like they normally do....the whole VT/X being more aerodynamic than the fords with the "parity" front spoiler.

also if you remember they did the same thing with the f1 cars some tried to be sneeky, aerodynamics also have there specs and if you design a street car to go on track (like holden and ford do) there will be changes that need to be made in this case the aerodynamics of the body kit, it's not cuz ford had/has a winge there simply stating that holden has not met the required specs, if they had, what would ford have to winge about? surly not because it's holden!
btw i think the VE is an eyesore and shouldn't of tried to do a ford and create a monstrocity (AU).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
heeno said:
also if you remember they did the same thing with the f1 cars some tried to be sneeky, aerodynamics also have there specs and if you design a street car to go on track (like holden and ford do) there will be changes that need to be made in this case the aerodynamics of the body kit, it's not cuz ford had/has a winge there simply stating that holden has not met the required specs, if they had, what would ford have to winge about? surly not because it's holden!
btw i think the VE is an eyesore and shouldn't of tried to do a ford and create a monstrocity (AU).

:bang:

didn't ford increase the wheel track of the BA to get one up over the VT/X commy and AVESCO did make the Holden boys reduce the size of the front splitter to give the ford boys a chance as i remember it. i also remember that ford bought a BMW so they could copy their design for the rear suspension!! it sound like to me that ford needs all the help it can get to win

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Riiiite...........The B series suspension system on the road car is from Jag. Personally I wouldn't bad Fords on suspension.

As for V8 Supercars lets see Holden use double wishbone (which they asked for when the parity laws came in), a Ford designed nine inch diff and I believe that there was some Ford influence on the heads that are used in their 5L engines.

There is no real similarity between the road cars and the V8 SC except that the shell is the same.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i like how the ford camp went out and bought a VX commodore, drove it into the factory and told the engineers to build a ford version......then the BA was revealed.
but hey i am not gonna get into the whole holden and ford thing.
i love my holdens, my little bro just got a ba mkII xr6 and i have driven it a couple of times...its ok but there something about the look inside and out and the way it drives that doesnt swing me across...cant pick it yet

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
i cant wait to see a VE supercar running around the track :) i think itl look alot better when people actually see it, not just videos or anything...

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Should look awesome with the flared wheel arches.. cant wait to see!

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Has anything been resolved with TEGA & VESA about getting Blueprint to marry up with the VE?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
DeanoVX said:
i like how the ford camp went out and bought a VX commodore, drove it into the factory and told the engineers to build a ford version......then the BA was revealed.
but hey i am not gonna get into the whole holden and ford thing.
i love my holdens, my little bro just got a ba mkII xr6 and i have driven it a couple of times...its ok but there something about the look inside and out and the way it drives that doesnt swing me across...cant pick it yet

:rofl: yep because that is all it takes to create a new car. The BA/BF is far superior in handling etc compared to the VT-VZ. Tracks so much tidier through corners. Once the suspension is stiffened, they are a new car again.

Has anything been resolved with TEGA & VESA about getting Blueprint to marry up with the VE?

Wont be hard to do, remember, V8 supercars now are simply shells, underneath they are all pretty much the same.