Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE supercar

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by immortality, Aug 4, 2006.

1. immortality

immortality Moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    :bow:
    Will AVESCO penalise the new VE supercars like they did the VT when they first come out, the new VE is bound to be faster through corners etc thanks to the increased wheel base and wider wheel tracks which is effectively pushed the engine back creating a better front to rear balance in the car.

:bang:

fords gotta be sh*tting their panties about the new VE.

:bow: the new bodykits gonna be grouse too

2. EXCESSV

EXCESSV New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    more than likely...the ford camp will have a whinge like they normally do....the whole VT/X being more aerodynamic than the fords with the "parity" front spoiler. they made the holden boys cut there undertray back to lose some aerodynamicness *if thats a word LOL*

3. calais_304

calais_304 New Member

Members Ride:
    98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
    also if you remember they did the same thing with the f1 cars some tried to be sneeky, aerodynamics also have there specs and if you design a street car to go on track (like holden and ford do) there will be changes that need to be made in this case the aerodynamics of the body kit, it's not cuz ford had/has a winge there simply stating that holden has not met the required specs, if they had, what would ford have to winge about? surly not because it's holden!
    btw i think the VE is an eyesore and shouldn't of tried to do a ford and create a monstrocity (AU).

4. immortality

Members Ride:
    :bang:

didn't ford increase the wheel track of the BA to get one up over the VT/X commy and AVESCO did make the Holden boys reduce the size of the front splitter to give the ford boys a chance as i remember it. i also remember that ford bought a BMW so they could copy their design for the rear suspension!! it sound like to me that ford needs all the help it can get to win

5. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    Riiiite...........The B series suspension system on the road car is from Jag. Personally I wouldn't bad Fords on suspension.

As for V8 Supercars lets see Holden use double wishbone (which they asked for when the parity laws came in), a Ford designed nine inch diff and I believe that there was some Ford influence on the heads that are used in their 5L engines.

There is no real similarity between the road cars and the V8 SC except that the shell is the same.

6. EXCESSV

EXCESSV New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    i like how the ford camp went out and bought a VX commodore, drove it into the factory and told the engineers to build a ford version......then the BA was revealed.
    but hey i am not gonna get into the whole holden and ford thing.
    i love my holdens, my little bro just got a ba mkII xr6 and i have driven it a couple of times...its ok but there something about the look inside and out and the way it drives that doesnt swing me across...cant pick it yet

7. vy1sv8

vy1sv8 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv ute
    i cant wait to see a VE supercar running around the track :) i think itl look alot better when people actually see it, not just videos or anything...

8. AngryVN

AngryVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS UTE
    Should look awesome with the flared wheel arches.. cant wait to see!

9. Rombles

Rombles HSVDT #1

Members Ride:
    HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
    Has anything been resolved with TEGA & VESA about getting Blueprint to marry up with the VE?

10. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    :rofl: yep because that is all it takes to create a new car. The BA/BF is far superior in handling etc compared to the VT-VZ. Tracks so much tidier through corners. Once the suspension is stiffened, they are a new car again.

Wont be hard to do, remember, V8 supercars now are simply shells, underneath they are all pretty much the same.

11. immortality

Members Ride:
    Things like wheel track/wheel base and suspension pick up points are fundamental to the car design and can't be changed by AVESCO can they (other than the trailing arm rear axle etc) and as long as AVESCO doesn't penalise the Holden camp the new VE is going to ROCK:ranting:

12. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    Thats silly man, the BA is the same car as the AU just has a few different panels so it looks less freaky (not all that many either)

13. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    The BA had a whole new suspension system put in. Also the engine was changed (still an I6 but duel VCT), a whole new dash as well as the exterior changes. If it was just panels the car would never have won COTY.
    You think Holden dont get competitors cars and see what they do and the level of quality they are at? It's all apart of the engineering process.

14. immortality

Members Ride:

the BA is the Ford model with the BMW rear suspension setup, they also increased the wheel track as well i believe. the new VE should be of a much higher spec now as they are looking to compete with the European manufacturers:ranting:

15. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    Jag suspension, Ford owns Jag and used their IRS in the BA as it was 130kg lighter.

16. Evman

Evman New Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS M6
    Just coz it's a nine inch doesn't mean it's a Ford design. As for the heads, I thought it was up to the teams to do their own head designs, not manufacturers.

17. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    The diff is ford designed 9 inch watts linkage diff. The heads I've heard talk of this but I wouldn't argue that it is. Either way bot engines come in from the states.

18. Evman

Evman New Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS M6
    You'd want the BA to handle better than a VT, seeing as it's a few years newer. All the comparo's I've read have picked the HSV's as the performance car and FPV' as the road car. I can't see the VY/VZ suspension being that much behind for this reason. Sure it's crude, but it obviously works really well if it can still beat the BA/BF in the performance stakes. Comfort, yeah, the Ford gets it, handling, it's really close still.

What's ya point? Put harder springs and/or different dampers in any car and they handle completelly different...

19. Evman

Evman New Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS M6
    It's a 9" watts link yeah, but I can't find any site saying it's Ford designed...

20. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    The FPV suspension is the same as the XR models (F6 = XR6T = XR6) (GTP = GT = XR8). Pretty good if you buy a base model XR6 with the same suspension as a $60,000 sports car. While the HSV has had to tweaked. Bit sad that FPV didn't make the handling of the car better as it can be done.