Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Superlow Springs

brooksie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6.2L
Hey guys,

I have a VE Calais V and im looking to lower her on King Spring Superlows.... My question is how crucial is it that i replace the shocks at the same time? Cheers

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
it depends what you are interpreting as "superlow". if you mean "SL" height then no you dont need to change the shocks as "SL" is about the same height as fe2 springs- bugger all diff in other words- if you mean "SSL" or"SSSL' then yes you are better off doing the shocks as the stock ones will be past their limit resulting the bumpstops copping a belting and the car will act like a pogo stick if you hit a bump at high speed. i would suggest doing the strut top bushes while you have them out as the factory ones in the VE are crap and wont last long if you dont- providing that is if you go lower than SL. look on evil bay there are kings/monroes packages you can get reasonably cheap

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
well superlow is SSL, which is what i have, so i would recommend doing both at the same time

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
mines on SSSL and havnt replaced the shocks. its fine

For you... The extra bounce would be quite noticeable (and to me, quite annoying) though. Best off when lowering to go for new shocks to suit too.