Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Suspension Issues

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hey guys, i bought myself a stock VE Omega and upgraded my stock rims to the VE SS 18" Alloys nice look! I then thought i would go to pedders and lower it, so i went with the lowest sports ryder coils 1" 3/4, comfort gas shocks and frt & rr urethane crossmember kit. Car sits nice and rides nice :w00t: but the front left shocks bottom out on adelaides lovely pot-hole filled roads. Went back to pedders & they are giving me 3 options, (1) go up a spring to the FE2 sports ryder, (2) change shocks to Sports Ryder, they say this will reduce the chance of bottoming out by 60% but firmer ride again or (3) sports ryder extreme coil-over kit, which they say will give me better than stock standard comfort and the lowered look...

Please anyone that has gone through a similar process, your input would be much appreciated! :bang: Not sure what to do from here :cry:

cheers

Attachments

• DSC04360.JPG
    DSC04360.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 618

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
What I'll say, is take it to an reputable suspension shop for a 2nd opinion. Pedders have a well established tradition of trying to sell unwitting customers things they don't need, and turning a $500 job into a $5,000 job.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Your shocks should not bottom out - the car is not that low.

I agree with danja - sounds to me like they're trying to sell you something you don't need rather than just fixing the problem. I'm surprised, my experiences with Pedders have always been positive.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
so then what do you guys suggest i have to go back to them as i have already spent $1450 with them now i have to choose one of the above three options

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lower ride height = firmer ride to stop it bottoming out
get a firmer spring/shock combo that is not too low (fe2 height) and fe2 spring rates etc

Reaper

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
so then what do you guys suggest i have to go back to them as i have already spent $1450 with them now i have to choose one of the above three options

Just because you've already spent money there, doesn't mean you have to keep going back?

Like I said, take it to an independent shop, or two, and get some more opinions.

As Reaper said, generally speaking the lower you go the stiffer springs you need to stop it bottoming out. Coilovers are probably a waste of money for you, unless you're going all out.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Just because you've already spent money there, doesn't mean you have to keep going back?

Like I said, take it to an independent shop, or two, and get some more opinions.

As Reaper said, generally speaking the lower you go the stiffer springs you need to stop it bottoming out. Coilovers are probably a waste of money for you, unless you're going all out.

Guys thanks for the input! the reason i am going back to pedders is because they are willing to reimbure me for all parts if i go the full coil over kit, but will have to pay a difference of $800. They say that this will not only give me better than factory standard comfort, but also the lowered look without bottoming out & the option to adjust with up to 30 incriments or the other options they are giving me are, (1) take out the sports ryder springs 1"3/4 & replace with FE2 springs at no cost, but im not sure i will like the look as this will raise my car 1/2" at the front and 3/4" on the rear but better comfort without bottoming out or option (2) pull out the comfort gas shocks and replace with Sports Ryder Shocks with my Sports Ryder coils for a extra $178 they say this will reduce the bottoming out by 60% no guarantees. I guess at the end of the day i want what will work best in my Ve Omega i have also done the frt & rr crossmember support bushes to rectify body flexing. Can you guys suggest which way would be the better way to go, what configurations do you know of that work well or what is your configuration,

SORRY, for the long story! Do appreciate all input though

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS.... :bang:

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
If you have the coin then the coilovers would be the go as you can adjust them till you find the setting your happy with.

In regards to the setup you have I would say your shockie is the culprit, I have dropped my SS with just a set of Lovells springs using factory FE2 shocks and I don't bottom out at all.

What you need for the setup you have is a short body shock and from memory only Monroe have made one for VE...I may be wrong Pedders may have one.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
i have those springs (sports ryders) on my ute and i have 22's and it dont bottom out at all.